Grizzly bear kills Park Ridge man

jason

fear no beer
Erwin Evert was a man of intense curiosity and drive, an accomplished botanist who, even at the age of 70, thought nothing of trekking through remote, unforgiving wilderness to search for new plant species.

But authorities said when the longtime Park Ridge resident left his Wyoming cabin for a hike last week, he was apparently in search of something different — a site where wildlife researchers had been trapping and releasing grizzly bears. Tragically, he found what he was looking for.

A grizzly fatally mauled Evert in the thickly wooded valley. It was the area's first fatal bear attack in memory, and a reminder of the danger that can overtake even experienced outdoorsmen.

more Grizzly bear kills Park Ridge man: Adventurous spirit sends botanist into grizzly encounter - chicagotribune.com

peanut

Stories like this are sad but do not make me want to lock myself up in my home and never hike or camp ever again. It's just like a car accident - it happens but it shouldn't keep you from living your life.