Have you ever hit a cow? How about 2 cows?

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
A friend sent me this who is stationed in Minot ND.

I bet this trucker didn't know what hit him, then it hit him again.

There doesn't seem to be a ton of damage to the Truck given he hit two 1100lb cows one after another. In the picture you can clearly see that there is blood on the cab and along the side as well.

I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty glad that I use those animal alert devices for our cars. Many times deer have come to the edge of the road and run right back in to the forest, I honestly don't know if it was due to the Deer Alert device or not but I'm glad I had them.
Deer Alert

I wonder what the last thing going through the cows mind was.... oh that's right the front bumper of the truck.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

JollyRogers

My brothers and I hit the neighbors bull on a toboggan when we were kids, (they don't steer so well) - no pun intended. Took out his front legs and shot on past. We were moving pretty good when it happened. The only time I ever saw a cow do a cartwheel. It was an old bull. We thought we had killed it at first. Luckily he got up and was ok. Just dazed.

The neighbors had this huge, steep hill we used to sled down. The toboggan was waxed and fast, so when the snow was just right you could move like Clark W. Griswold in Christmas Vacation.

safn1949

I also drive big truck and hit a deer at 65 mph this October.Did about $1000 worth of damage.That is about $25,000 on that truck.

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
I also drive big truck and hit a deer at 65 mph this October.Did about $1000 worth of damage.That is about $25,000 on that truck.
YIKES!:tinysmile_aha_t:, 25,000 in damage, wow I bet his insurance company is going to love him\her!

Ilovelife

That is crazy stuff! I am not surprised. I used to live on a road where my neighbors cows were always getting out. They would just stand in the middle of the road. No matter how fast you were driving they wouldn't move. Of course I never tried to play chicken with them. Very annoying though.

jason

fear no beer
I've seen what a good size deer can do, I would hate to see a close up after a cow, let alone two.

dinosaur

troublemaker
A number of years ago in Northern Indiana, there was a guy who hit a bull on highway US20. It wiped out the front end of his car. The guy was okay. He got out and was standing outside his wrecked vehicle. He watched the bull get up and walk back into the pasture. The bull did die a day later. But I would have loved to see the look on the guy's face.

oldsarge

I hope he got some steaks out of it! I once had a deer run into the front right quarter panel of an Intrepid I was driving. It slid up the windshield and onto the roof where it stayed for a while just trashing around, finally it slid down the back window and on the trunk lid. I had damage from the right front to the left rear of the car. Try explaining that one to the insurance company

hikinboot

We went to Newfoundland many years ago and they have a huge moose problem. We were coming the opposite way and a semi truck hit one, what a mess. Their trucks have huge metal grill on them because of all the moose crashes.

safn1949

We went to Newfoundland many years ago and they have a huge moose problem. We were coming the opposite way and a semi truck hit one, what a mess. Their trucks have huge metal grill on them because of all the moose crashes.
I see that a lot in ND and that area,I might be able to talk my boss into one of those as we hit 3 deer this year for about $4000 worth of damage to 3 trucks.

GROUNDpounder,that truck is worth about $140,000 so $25,000 is no big deal.It hurts my feelings for sure but to the insurance they just shrug it off,fender bender to them.