Have you ever ridden a bull?

Wild Bill

First off, I am using the term "ride" very loosely. Many many years ago some friends of mine and I decided it would be a great idea to try and ride a bull in a field we were passing.

So we tip toed up to the bull, which was huge by the way, and I tried to jump on. I managed to belly flop on his back and stay there while the bull when nuts for what seemed like a minute, but my friends reassure me, it was barely 2 seconds.

After my friends helped me up we ran as fast as we could.

greengrass

No way! That's crazy! Bulls are creepy to me. It's like they're always on the look out for a fight. Their eyes are all crazy and wide. lol I am pretty brave but I don't think I would ever mess with a bull.

Chump

If you consider being thrown off by one, riding then yes, I have. Three years ago my cousin talked me into getting up on one in the stalls and when I did he was fine. Then he opened the door and the bull took off and threw me. I hurt for weeks.

Lightfoot

Sounds like the crazy adventures I had with my buddies when I was younger. I lived out in the country next to a farm that had a bull. There were plenty of occasions we attempted to "ride" the bull. We were lucky we didn't get killed!

Ruffles

You guys are crazy. My friends tried to talk me into getting on one of those bulls with a hump on its back one time. I think I was like 7 they were all 10 or 12. They kept telling me it was a camel. LOL

jason

fear no beer
I've always wanted to give it a shot. I doubt I would last long, but it would be fun that is for sure.

Reese

Does a mechanical bull count? =) I have ridden one of those before, but I didn't stay on very long!

Gondor

Real or machine? :) Actually neither. The closest thing to a bull I have ride is a pony. :) But I would like to ride it one day for sure.

camp1

No thank you! When my mother was younger, she took a shortcut across a field and there was a bull in the field! It got her right in the side and she still has the scars!
I would stay clear of bulls.

As for mechanical bulls, my son is great on these. He is the only one I have ever seen stay on the whole ride.

robbier

I have never think about riding a bull anymore. I saw someone gored once and from then on, it wasn't at all appealing to me. Before that, it had seemed like a lark-- something fun and challenging to do.

Ruffles

No thank you! When my mother was younger, she took a shortcut across a field and there was a bull in the field! It got her right in the side and she still has the scars!
I would stay clear of bulls.

As for mechanical bulls, my son is great on these. He is the only one I have ever seen stay on the whole ride.
Ouch! I have been around many bulls and never had one charge at me. I bet that was horrifying! Even "small" bulls are big, I would be terrified of them now.

Wild Bill

I have never think about riding a bull anymore. I saw someone gored once and from then on, it wasn't at all appealing to me. Before that, it had seemed like a lark-- something fun and challenging to do.
That is unfortunate what happened to that person, not to sound insensitive but I've seen people die in car crashes that hasn't stopped me from riding or driving a car.

How you deal with your fear is up to you and I'm not saying you should or should not get over it, everyone is afraid of something.

Traveler

I've never ridden a real bull or a mechanical one. I rode a milking cow though and tried to make it go wild but it was too calm. I haven't got the courage yet to ride a real bull because I'm scared of the fall.

Morgan

I did rode a bull when I was still a teenager. I visited a friend of mine who has a farm. They have a bull and he dared me to ride it. To keep my pride, I did ride it but I think I lasted seconds only. I was thrown away from the bull and luckily I landed on my butt but it was still painful.

Adam

I like my bones intact just the way they are, so no, I've never ridden one. If the setting was low enough, I'd ride a mechanical one, but that's it.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
When I was 13 and living in Saskatchewan I entered a rodeo and rode a steer in the kids division. I didn't do that well, and the steer was enough to convince me that I really didn't want to be a bull rider after all. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Paige

Mechanical-yes. I rode one at my high school after prom. We had a mechanical bull and a lot of other things to do. I didn't stay on very long, I don't even know if you could say it was a second or not. One big lunge after the slow warm up and I fell off. We had foam everywhere though so I didn't get hurt.

jeddah

I prefer a mechanical bull. I am scared of riding on a real bull that can go amok anytime that its back is touched. A professional rodeo is always good at it.

faye

I have never ridden a live bull, too scared to fall and I might break my spine. The animal has got pointed horns, I would never know if it will come back to toss me up the air after the fall.

Fox38

I so want to give this a try, but I'm too much of a chicken! I will admit it. Of course I would NEVER think of riding a real bull it would have to be a mechanical one.