Hello from Macon, GA

46u

Hello,
My name is Jeff and I have camped from Florida to Alaska but I am getting ready to do a trip of a lifetime. I have been riding motorcycles and working on them none stop for 40 plus years. Most all of my camping is done on a motorcycle. I now have a rig (motorcycle with side car) and have much more room.

I will be doing a yearlong road trip mostly back roads by my self. I will be coming back home 4 or 5 times during the year to see grandchildren and my doctors. First place out will be south west so I can catch the last 5 states I have not ridden to and in other then Hawaii. Next designation is Newfoundland. Do to my health I need to start with in the year.

Here is a picture of my rig. I bought the 2002 Harley Ultra new in July of 2001. She still has plenty of life with only 90K on her. The hack is a 2006 Harley. Harley has been putting sidecars on since 1913 and quite making them in January 2011.

Attachments

Grandpa

Hello Jeff, welcome to the OBC forums. Sounds like a dream year you have planned. Keep us posted on your travels.

46u

Thank you and I will. I am hoping to get a new laptop before I go. I did quite a bit of camping when my girls where small but now they are grown giving my biggest joy in my life grandchildren. Main reason I will be come home some is to see them. I am all so hoping to take my oldest grandson camping on the rig. He loves to ride. All the others are 2 or under but lord willing one day.

oldsarge

Hello & welcome to OBC Jeff. Nice bike, sounds like you're living the dream! Have a safe trip and don't forget to post some pic's.

Hikenhunter

Hello Jeff and wlcome to OBC. Sounds like you have a banner year planned. Hope all goes well for you. Keep us posted as I'm certain many of us will be lookig forward to hearing about your Journey. By the way it looks like you have a really nice rig for your trips.

jason

fear no beer
Greetings and salutations. Pretty nice ride there. Welcome aboard, I hope you are doing great.