Hello from PA!

Leila

Hello everyone!

My name is Leila, and I live in good ol' Pennsylvania! We live somewhat close to Pittsburgh. Not sure, if anyone is familiar with that area or not? Hopefully maybe a few! I have always enjoyed camping, ever since I was a child. I look forward to sharing and hearing about others experiences with the wilderness. :tinysmile_grin_t:

hikinmike

W. Pa

Hello, back atcha. My wife grew up in Greensburg, PA. Talks fondly of camping and hiking around that region. Took me to Ohiopyle (sp?) once...great place to get wet.

jason

fear no beer
Greetings and salutations. I've been to PA a few times, but was young, and cannot remember the area much. The wife's family comes from PA though and she visits often.

Leila

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Hello, back atcha. My wife grew up in Greensburg, PA. Talks fondly of camping and hiking around that region. Took me to Ohiopyle (sp?) once...great place to get wet.
And....you say Greensburg, PA?! I am very familiar with that area. I actually don't live too far from it. And, I agree completely...Ohiopyle is a great place for us outdoor enthusiasts.

hikinmike

Lived in NY's Southern Tier and in Carlisle, PA. The Commonwealth has some very spectacular opportunities. Always worth heading out across the border to the Endless Mountains. I did find the Southernmost section of the Appalachian Trail to have fewer springs than I wanted. But those limestone trout streams of SE and Central PA...sort of what Heaven must be like. Living in Carlisle was perhaps our most favorite experience...the LeTort Spring Run...right through the center of town.

Almost forgot...heading out to Woolrich, PA after camping along White Deer Creek (and annoying the trout). Lawd what a great store.

Last edited:

Leila

Lived in NY's Southern Tier and in Carlisle, PA. The Commonwealth has some very spectacular opportunities. Always worth heading out across the border to the Endless Mountains. I did find the Southernmost section of the Appalachian Trail to have fewer springs than I wanted. But those limestone trout streams of SE and Central PA...sort of what Heaven must be like. Living in Carlisle was perhaps our most favorite experience...the LeTort Spring Run...right through the center of town.

Almost forgot...heading out to Woolrich, PA after camping along White Deer Creek (and annoying the trout). Lawd what a great store.
Hmm...can't say that I have ever been to Woolrich, PA before. Whereabouts is it? I'm thinking it must be central PA, somewhere over that way?

hikinmike

Sorry for the lag time in response. had to go to Mayo Clinic with my wife, who's having some post-transplant complications.

I've usually been to Woolrich after spending time in the vicinity of White Deer Creek, a tributary of the West Branch of the Susquehanna River. It is in the Central area. I recall driving by Belafonte. State College isn't that far I don't recall. Small town, not on all maps, but Woolrich is where the company started, and still has a mill and that great outlet store.