Hello From the Pacific Northwest

IHeartDirt

Howdy, campers! Summer is sweet and the weather is choice in these parts. I love hiking and mountain biking. Someday, in the near future, I hope to do some backcountry backpacking. Never done it and don't know much about the how to's of the sport. Maybe I'll pick up a few pointers from fellow members..?

Grandpa

Welcome to OBC forums. Pull a log up to the fire sit a spell. Where in the NW are you?

IHeartDirt

Hi, Grandpa. We are in Oregon. I love it here. So much to do in such a short driving time. I actually considered Sun Valley before fate brought me here. You're not too far from there, are you?

Grandpa

Three hours from Sun Valley, which is actually a resort adjacent to the town of Ketchum. In fact, three hours gets me to about anywhere from the High Uintas in Utah, to Yellowstone or Teton NP's, to the Sawtooths Wilderness or the Frank Church Wilderness. Four hours I can reach the Wind Rivers and most of the lower Montana wilderness areas.

ponderosa

Welcome aboard. I live near Grandpa's neck of the woods, but have to go to OR or WA every so often for a fix of soggy wet PNW rainforest and coastal hiking.

Reed

I know Oregon has some really choice countryside, but the only thing I saw up close and out of the car when I went there a few years ago was the ocean. I had to pick someone up in Seaside Oregen.

Welcome aboard!

IHeartDirt

@Ponderosa, what are some of your favorite hikes on the Oregon Coast? Last summer I did some exploring and started mapping out a few choice spots for a quick reference.