Hiking boots

Lightfoot

I'm looking for a new pair of hiking boots and would love some recommendations from you guys. I have liked Merrill in the past, but I'm open to other brands.

failghe

I just bought a pair of Timberland Chocorua Trail Hikers. So far I like them right out of the box, and two hikes. One on pavement all around Daytona 500 and once on the trail for 9 miles.

jason

fear no beer
I often use the same ones I wear at work. They are just too comfortable for me to buy another pair. There really is no climbing here in Florida, and I'm more worried about keeping my feet dry and comfortable.

HappyFeet

I'm not into brand names too much. I normally go to our nearest bargain shop and choose the shoes that is comfortable and has a good grip. Though I only go there when my shoes are really worn out.

3ofusnow

I really need a pair (or two) of good hiking boots but none of those stores around here carry anything in my size! I hate havingto order shoes online they always end up being the wrong size!

Newanderthal

Academy has a boot called the Canyon, by Magellan (Avademy's brand). I've been using them for years for work, yard work, hanging out, boating and backpacking. They're classic style leather boots and they're waterproof.

I've also worn Merrell's. If you like Merrell, stick with them. They're quality boots and they'll hold up to anything you can throw at them. My advice is to just find an outdoors store and buy another pair of Merrells.

enzo

I have hiking boots that I don't use often except for hiking activities. One feature is that it covers my ankles since I am prone to ankle sprain and needs support and better grip. I'm using the same brand that you're using, Newanderthal. It's called the Merrell Ozzy hiking shoes.

OpenAir

If I'm honest I wear hiking shoes from LLBean. I have real big issues with my feet-plantar fasciitis amongst other things, and these are some of the only things I find comfortable. I think it's a very individual thing though.

Gondor

I've been searching for some good hiking boots myself. I like Merrell shoes very much but I also need some good quality durable boots that will handle even the most difficult terrain and still be comfortable.