jason

fear no beer
2 carrots, sliced
3 new potatoes, diced
1 yellow onion chopped
half packet onion soup mix
2 tablespoons butter
salt & pepper

place veggies on a sheet of foil, add pad of butter and sprinkle with soup mix. fold to seal the package and place on a bed of coals or low stove flame and cook for 25 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.

peanut

I've never made this but wanted to throw in my two cents. Those soup packets tend to be very salty. You may not need extra salt. I made something recently and could hardly eat it because of the salty flavor.

RoughRider

I've found that too peanut but the recipe does sound appealing. My wife and I make a beef roast at home in the crock pot that uses one or two packets of onion soup mix along with veggies and water, and we have to be careful about salt in it. When the water boils out of it to a certain point, it is very salty so we have to watch it.

smellslikedirt

That sounds really good! As for the soup packets being loaded with sodium I believe you can probably buy a low sodium version. They have a lot of items with low sodium now because everyone is trying to eat healthier.

Grady

I'd like to try this with a vegetable soup mix. I like onions, but sometimes that onion soup mix is a little too oniony for me. It's definitely a good idea though and I think I'll give it a try when I head out this weekend.