How do you store your camping gear?

3ofusnow

How do you store your camping gear? Do you have boxes labeled with what's in them or is there just a big pile in your garage? Unfortunately I have the big pile but I am working on it!

Chump

Mine is labeled totes that I have ready to take with me. I usually take the exact same stuff so several of them are ready to go when I am.

savannah

Keeping it in tote bags is a good idea because you're ready to leave at a moment's notice next time. Just make sure it's all clean and dry.

It's very easy to throw it all in a corner if you come home from a rain-soaked camping trip. Resist the temptation and pack everything away properly once it's dried out. Leaving damp flysheets around is how you get mold on them, especially the very large canvas types.

frank6160

I keep mine in plastic tubs stored on my 4X8 utility trailer ready to go. Just add food, cooler and clothes.

calanta

It is honestly spread all over the house since we have limited storage and its a pain but I do not feel like moving just to get a few more feet of storage. I figure once we setup and plan out a full garage we will be okay, until then I will just manage. :)

Archer

We have dry storage containers and have most of our "short trip" stuff in one box and "long trip" stuff in another. If we're going on a long trip, we take both. Sometimes we have to unpack them and check the equipment before leaving, though - some stuff is not good when dried out!

WisconsinCamper

Stored in the boxes we take car camping. Mostly.

My sleeping bag and sleeping pad stay unrolled and hung up though.

Lightfoot

I have plastic totes that I keep my stuff in. I clean it as soon as I get back home and let it dry out before I pack it all up.

Reese

Some things, like my tent and sleeping bag, I keep tucked away nice and neat. Most everything else tends to get piled up in a corner of my garage.

Newanderthal

A lot of my gear stays pack in my bag. I can get ready for a 3 day trip in about 10 minutes. Just stuff in food and fill the water bottles and double check that I didn't unpack anything.

There's a backpack with my gear in it, and a gray tote with larger items used for our beach camping trips.

ATVfan

I store all my camping supplies in big totes labeled camping. That is for the pots and pans and everything. 1 tote has the tents and air mattresses, the other totes are for the dishes.

Flowerchild

We have all of our camping gear in big totes in our shed. We have everything labeled. I am big on keeping everything closed up tight so the mice don't move into my tent during the winter.