I love nature but

calanta

my sinuses do not. Even just having a neighbor cut the grass outside around our block is bad for me. Do sinuses every stop being a problem or am I plagued with this for life? I have never used anything other than OTC med's but I am thinking I need something strong, this past weekend has been evil to me.

jason

fear no beer
When I was born, I had a list several pages of things I am allergic too. At around 5 or so, might have been as late as 8, I went to get shots for several years to help with the allergies. My sinuses are still a problem for me. In fact I was cleaning the house saturday and one of the chemicals got to me and gave me a bad sinus headache.

That being said, for me I do not thing there is a solution. I have heard of people having surgery for sinus problems, but I have not really looked into it.

hummingbird

Try a daily 24 hour allergy pill. It may help a bit but I would go to the doctor to to have some allergy testing done. You may be able to get a nasal spray to use or maybe allergy shots would help. Good luck. I know what it is to have allergies. I took shots for years and finally went to medicine by mouth to help out. I finally got mine under control.

Newanderthal

yeah, try allergy medication but make sure it's not the nighttime pills.

you may grow out of it, it may stay the same, it may get worse. allergies are strange things.

Sierra

I know none of these posts sound encouraging and my story is just as bad as everyone else's - 4 shots a week for 8 years and, although I am not nearly as bad as I used to be, I still have allergies. I would say get a prescription from your doctor so you have it on hand when your allergies/sinuses show signs of acting up or when you are in a situation where you know for sure they're going to be bad.

Christie

The only time I've heard anyone "growing out" of allergies is when they are allergic to something as a small child. Usually as a teen your stuck with them throughout adulthood and they could get worse.

My attitude, is that if the over the counter medications don't work for you, go to your doctor. Getting an allergy screening where they tell you exactly what your allergic to can be a good place to start. The combination of several irritants could make you miserable.

You may need to get the shots. I have considered it on several occasions, but the OTC meds help me for the most part.

Frap

You could get the shots, I use Zyrtec. It works for me, some it does not work for but it does for me. It is fairly inexpensive compared to the shots but then again you have to remember to take the pills.

Cooper

My friend suffers from that condition also and he has searched and searched for medical and even some alternative cure. Eventually he realized that is something that he had to come to terms with.

Ava

I know what you mean by allergies and it can sometimes take over your life. I enjoy the outdoors but have a lot of trouble my my nose and throat. I have to remember to take my medication and a box of tissues wherever I go!