making lures

shan04

My friend swears by creating lures with costume jewerly found in bargin bins or yard sales. He finds a necklace with lightweight shiny pendants, removes one pendant and attaches it with a treble hook. He can usually make several lures out of a necklace.

Anyone try this?

jason

fear no beer
I have never heard that. Might have to pick some up at the next yard sale.

Grady

I just don't think I would have the patience for it myself. The costume jewelry idea sounds pretty creative though. Maybe it wouldn't be as tedious as starting from scratch.

Lookaround

That sounds interesting, very creative. How is the result? Do fish like the lures? I kinda think that today fish are getting smarter and more picky when it comes to striking bait and lures. It's just me, I guess.

cdavis

yard sales are great for fishing laking your own lures and flies ,i have actually taken this much further, it's this time of year you can buy great supplies for lures and flies cheap, christmas tinsel 19 cents for 1000 peices on sale since it's after christmas, tying tinsel 5.00 for 100, it's the same stuff. i found something called redneck lures they are bottle caps turned into a spinner a treble on one end a swivel on the other and a split shot inside for weight and a rattle. you would be surprised what you can use to make lures, but some of it is so obvious when you realize it you make just kick yourself