Motivation

anand

Aside from having some equipment problems on the second day of trekking (which was incidentally the longest day), the group left the school at around seven in the morning. Had lunch at a river with ice cold water. This was also where jugs were filled up. During this 10-hour trek the group unfortunately hit nightfall taking out flashlights to begin set-ups.

slide

Motivation?
My motivation is to enjoy and have some fun with my friends. Every time we camp or trek, we try something different and have captured the moments.

Barney

My motivation is clean air, nature, blue sky and friends. I prefer not to go in large groups, because there is always someone who will slow you down. But if trekking is not the main goal, than friends are more than welcome, because I know we will rest more than we will trekk :)

Tomboy

I just love feeling like I'm a small part of something huge. It really puts things into perspective when you are surrounded bu nature. All those things that seem so overpowering in the "real world" suddenly just disappear. That's motivation enough for me.

humorris

I think if you have to ask the question about motivation, you are doing the wrong activity. Either you love it or you don't!

marky

To be honest, I much prefer going alone or with only one or two other persons — since I go partly to have peace and quiet, I'd rather not have a crowd with me. I never really analyzed my reasons for trekking (I just love it), but I think part of it is the satisfaction in knowing that you survived (I won't say conquered) just a little bit of Mother Nature.

jason

fear no beer
To be honest, I much prefer going alone or with only one or two other persons — since I go partly to have peace and quiet, I'd rather not have a crowd with me. I never really analyzed my reasons for trekking (I just love it), but I think part of it is the satisfaction in knowing that you survived (I won't say conquered) just a little bit of Mother Nature.
I like to go alone too. However, I try and leave a detailed paper with the g/f so she knows where I am, what I'm wearing, and when I expect to be back. As a kind I used to try and get lost just for fun. Sadly I think that is still with me. I just like going off the trails and exploring. Sometimes it is better to have a friend when doing this, but then most of my friends do not want to explore like I do.

oldsarge

The solitude of being alone in the woods just enjoying the peace and quite. When alone I find it relaxing to enjoy a fine cigar along a stream, lake or pond. If I'm out with others the fellowship of being with like minded folks is relaxing.

IndianaHiker

Don't need motivation for trekking. Need the additional motivation that trekking gives me for the rest of the things in life like work and other annoyances

dinosaur

troublemaker
What are the motivational factors for trekking??
The motivation is the need to know. Have you ever been driving down the road and looked out at a field at the end of which was a woods that looked inviting? Did you want to know what was in there? I have.

I had a girlfriend once I almost married. She had a problem with me because I always wondered what was over that next rise. She told me it was the same thing I could find right where I was but I was never convinced. I wanted to see for myself and she wanted to tie me down. Maybe she was right but I have never lost my need to know. Maybe that's the reason for all of the discovery in the world we know. Maybe it's just a fool's explanation for his folly. But I'm still curious.