Mushrooms!

Gondor

I love to grill mushrooms. It doesn't matter what mushroom species do you have you can fill their hats with margarine or butter, use different spices, onions, garlic... This gets so delicious, you'll see, just try it! :)

Taggart

It's been a while since I've done it, but I used to stuff crab meat into mushroom caps and broil them. Sometimes I add sliced mushrooms to canned mushroom soup and then add some jalapenos. We got that idea from a local restaurant.

I also like a salad with spinach and sliced mushrooms with a ranch dressing.

Sierra

I think the king of all grilling mushrooms is the portabello - what a beauty when done over an open fire! Personally, I am a vegetarian and I love portabellos because they are very meaty and hearty and I can make a meal out of one. A little olive oil and salt and pepper and some charcoal - yummy. And thankfully they are available in almost every supermarket these days.

jason

fear no beer
I love mushrooms. My mom makes the best stuffed mushrooms. The funny part is she cannot stand the taste of them so she does not even try them.

Gondor

I love mushrooms. My mom makes the best stuffed mushrooms. The funny part is she cannot stand the taste of them so she does not even try them.
Haha, that is interesting. Actually I am often on diets because of my training and I usually cook but I almost never eat what I cook for my family.

Last edited:

Ava

It's all very well to say you love mushrooms but be careful which ones you eat! If you're camping I strongly advise you don't pick anything that is just growing in the woods. There have been so many cases of people perishing on trips due to eating poisonous mushrooms.

outdoorgirl

I love portabello mushrooms. My grocery store makes the best stuffed seafood portabello mushrooms. We sometimes pick up a couple to take to camp and grill them on the open fire. They are so good.

I have always one to grill one and eat it while my family eats burgers. I always forget to grab one though.