new guy here

SalRanger2

hi! my names Cody, i found this site in hopes of finding info on hiking and backpacking. ive been really wanting to get into the hobby lately and i know from experience forums are the best! im pretty familiar with the outdoors i hunt and fish alot so im not a total noob, but any advice is apreciated!!

Grandpa

Hi SalRanger2, welcome to OBC. Pull a log up to the fire and join the chat. Lot's of experts in here. As in ex is a has been and spurt is a drip under pressure. :tinysmile_twink_t2: But if you ask the right questions you may get a good answer.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

If they can build a road through it, they call it a National Park. We have to pack in to see the real beautiful places. Where are you located?

SalRanger2

thanks for the welcome! wisconsin, ive been looking at parks here and there around the state but nothing huge like a national park ya know? ive been looking on here about backpacking restrictions for camping and it must be really based on each park. idk if ive ever heard of anyone doing it around here so it might be really random if i asked at a park!

Grandpa

If you are looking for trails in your area, try websites "trails dot com", "local hikes dot com", and "alltrails dot com". Also, there may be people in here that can give you ideas. (my range is further west)

SalRanger2

If you are looking for trails in your area, try websites "trails dot com", "local hikes dot com", and "alltrails dot com". Also, there may be people in here that can give you ideas. (my range is further west)
ok cool ill check them out, thanks much!