Night Riding

HereToday

Do you mean horseback riding, or motorised riding? On bright full moons we like to ride horses on the beach (keeping track of the tides!). That's one of my favourite times to ride.

sarahlorrain

I'm wondering what you're talking about also. I'm assuming you mean bicycle, but maybe I'm wrong. My husband went bike riding early early one morning when it was still dark out. He was with a friend. They both had a bicycle light on the front handlebars, which was a good thing, because the big wild hog they saw thought they looked like a car with headlights!!

chocoguy

I’m not familiar with that either but I think that it is very dangerous since it is very dark. You must have a good lighting to be able to do that.

jason

fear no beer
I was referring to bicycle riding. I've seen some impressive setups, but they cost an arm and a leg. I do have a nice tail light that they claim can be seen up to a mile away. I can vouch that it is extremely bright. I haven't found anything for the front that is good that doesn't cost in the triple digits though.

I have heard of a flash light adapter that you can put on your handle bars. Sadly the only one I found yet, has a bunch of reviews of people saying it raddles when you ride.

My job is only a few miles from my house, and I would love to ride my bike there a few times a week. The problem is I would be coming home in the dark though.

HereToday

Well, I don't ride bikes, so you don't mind if I talk horses, do ya?
We had a lovely ride this weekend, when the moon was full and everything was quite bright. Riding on the beach, especially on a full moon night, is not only exciting and great fun, but there's a spiritual part to it as well. The moon, the beach, the horse, and you; really lovely.

chocoguy

I was referring to bicycle riding. I've seen some impressive setups, but they cost an arm and a leg. I do have a nice tail light that they claim can be seen up to a mile away. I can vouch that it is extremely bright. I haven't found anything for the front that is good that doesn't cost in the triple digits though.

I have heard of a flash light adapter that you can put on your handle bars. Sadly the only one I found yet, has a bunch of reviews of people saying it raddles when you ride.

My job is only a few miles from my house, and I would love to ride my bike there a few times a week. The problem is I would be coming home in the dark though.
From what I know the lights that are used by those bikers that ride at night aren’t lights at all but just some shiny colorful piece of plastics. They aren’t using some electricity, when the lights coming from any source of light hits that plastic then it would glow and thus alerting the vehicle following the bike.

HereToday

I don't know how the last full moon was for you guys, where ever you live. The moon here was incredibly large and bright. We went for a little canter down the beach. It was wonderful!

fbird

depending on the conditions and speed. faster you go more light needed, also more light need on a unknown trail. i use Cateye - Battery Headlights - Hl-el530. some times 2 of them. i use a helmet mount(its made for one of there other lights but its the same mount) on the second one, it nice to have the light where you're looking. they're bright and in a emergency they'll work as a flashlight. i like being able to bring extra batteries if needed.

bagwell

If you are talking abt bikes then I would go with neon bikes and the lighting colors depends on the color of the bike if the bike is blue then it is blue neon light and if the light is red then it is red neon light...so it all depends on what you own :)

dheeshaan

From your description I understand we need a lot of gears and equipments to go night riding on a bicycle. I would love to ride on it. Can you just explain the experience you have with that bicycle..

sakthi

I dont do night riding because it is very dangerous and also risky.If the lighting is not good then your in for trouble.My sincere advice is not to try night riding unless you have no other go.See that you drive slowly and with due care for your life.

Thank you

vin

in night riding i love to go with my girl friend on bike and its moon in the sky and no one catch us and we go for long drive and come back after 2-3 hours.it is very nice in night.

shaan

The night mountain bike experience will convince you that riding your bike at night is not only safe but an exhilarating extension to your mountain bike skills. It will help to maintain the level of fitness that you have achieved during your summer rides and inject some adrenaline into your favourite trails. You will also be surprised as to how riding your bike in the dark improves your all round riding technique.

steven

night riding is not soo safe like riding at day time because if anything happens then you cant find anyone at night time when you are alone and if u want to ride at night then be in a group rather than riding alone.