Night tour

bluet

Have you ever trekking in a midnight, or at least in the dark after the sun is gone? Is there any experience that you have about it?

amine

No i haven't trekked in midnight or after the nightfall. Its really dangerous after night fall. And its not recommended as well.

jason

fear no beer
When I was a kid we would play flashlight tag in the woods. That was about it. I would not do it unless I was extremely familiar with the area.

silverskee

You'd have to be quite brave I reckon. Even if you knew the area by heart and you've lived there your whole life. Walking around in the woods is a whole new story. I personally wouldn't have the guts to try it out though.

freedom

I agree that it can be very dangerous. Especially if your new to hiking. Silver is right hiking in the dark is a complete different experience and mind I say it a dangerous one at most.

Brian

I guess you could do it with some people. I once went on a bush walk in the night for a camping trip. It was quite fun because we got to see alot of nocturnal animals which we would'nt see otherwise.

agnes21

You could do it with some friends and maybe some experienced trekker. Just bring enough lamp and flash light, watch your back and watch your step

tour

I had once trekked during night. It was really an adventure, I gained a lot of experience from that. I had some experienced trekkers with me and they helped me a lot. We all has flash lights on our helmets and it really helped us to find the way. We were very lucky that we never came across any animal.

d1976

No, I never trekking in night. Most of the work I was complted during day time in my life.
In the night it is very difficult for me and I can not do my work well.

bagwell

haha night is the best time to trek man and that too if you have a gang of friends like mine it is be even more awesome....it will be damn good to go to spooky places and actually try getting one another into trouble....it is awesome fun and I would advice to go only with friends

noor

Why do we undertake an activity like trekking?? Not just for fun. We love this because we love adventure.. Night trekking will improve the adventure experience by double.. Even though it is dangerous I would go on a night trekking. I love fun and adventure

SQuirrel

I used to hit the trail head after midnight on a regular basis. After work, I would grab my pack from home, and just go. Most of the time by myself too. In the summer it's nice not to have to walk in the heat of the day.

I hike trails that I am familiar with If I go out at night. I also have a tendancy not to use a flashlight. If there is a full, or close to full moon I would often set out with just a keychain light, and never use it.

Now I don't recomend this for everyone. I plan to spend the night out anyways, so if I were to get turned around I could just lay my sleeping bag out in the middle of the trail, and figure it out in the morning.

In the Angeles forest, particulariliy the Mt. Wilson area, If you know your antena towers you can even triangulate off of thye blinky red lights in the middle of the night. I never needed to at night, but I have during the day.

Now the one thing I will caution you guys strongly about is the area you're doing your night hike. There are some pretty weird people out in the woods every once in a while. Also animals will give me a little concern. I will not hike through canyons and dense brush at night anymore. Just after dusk me and a buddy came across a mountain kitty down the canyon from the Mt. Wilson Toll Road right before the Iddlehour cut off. Guess where we were headed. Down that canyon, and across two more. So after we tried to scare it away it left on it's own schedule. We continued, and my buddy said he saw it watching us in the next canyon over, and then in the third canyon we heard a limb snap bout 25 feet up in a tree that was growing out of the canyon slope about 20 feet down (close to eye level in other words).

So the next day what started out as a fork carved from a thick stick turned into a mountain kitty totem that we left displayed in the middle of camp. I haven't had an encounter with a big cat since.

Now, at night, I will stick to trails in the open, and on the frontside of the mountains where a mountain Kitty isn't likely to be on the prowl.

Although, my long winded butt must throw in that it is an excelent way to introduce people to hiking. Take a girl out some time, and if she trust you enough, it can be awesome. I have one trail in mind that has a long curved tunnel about a half mile from the car. Now the trail curves so all of a sudden you come around a slight bend and theres this big black hole in the side of the mountain where the trail just disapears. You can't tell it's a tunnel untill you are about 15 to twenty feet into it and can catch a glimpse of light at the other side. If you can convince her to go through that tunnel, then when you get up to the top of the mt. in another 2 miles and the whole LA basin sits in front of you twinkling, oh thats an experience to be remembered. But now I'm just reminiscing.

Kev

The above post is a top notch. Very insightful to hear of your experiences. :)

Night trekking has an intriguing feel to it, and whilst it is something that I would definitely consider, I'd prefer any prospective night trekking would be alongside others!!

paaro

I have gone trekking in the midnight but you have to carry the require things which are most useful to save your life life matchbox and tourch and etc.

HereToday

I admit that as I grow older and my eyesight becomes less, shall we say "crisp" I mainly hike during the lighted hours. I enjoyed some night hikes and butte climbs in my earlier times, but I've grown more cautious.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

m1dz0r

During night trekking you can enjoy the nocturnal beauty of the wildlife.
Trekking has remained men's passion from the day he took his first step on the earth. He always ventured out of home and his natural surroundings to explore something new, a world that was unknown to him. But be very careful! It`s Very dangerous after night fall!!!

HereToday

I love to walk beaches in the night time, especially when the moon is full. My consciousness seems to expand with the ocean and sky, and then the endorphins kick in!
One should be very aware of tidal activity, though.

zinta

well most of the times i have trekked in the same environment...well there is something special in this rather than trekking in morning....well you feel great while trekking in evening....

pavan

Trekking at night is not very safe for those who are doing this for the first time and its recommended to be unsafe by experts. There are people who have experienced it and had a bitter experience.

sunny

Yeah i have just roamed around in the woods but trekking i wont its not safe to trek after dark. Have you tried?