Noob alert!!!

cbbryan

Hi guys and gals,
My name is Chris, I am 23 years old, broke, a college graduate, officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard, and unemployed for the most part. I love backpacking, truck camping, hiking, fishing, swimming, paddling, sailing, diving, shooting (for food and sport), climbing, biking, running, scouts, off-roading, and playing video games. I prefer to be outside on backpacking trips, but that gets expensive. I became interested in the outdoors through Boy Scouts of America and fell in love with it. My dream job would be to work for a guide company for trips and excursions. My longest trek was 12 days at Philmont Scout Ranch in Cimmaron, NM.

If anybody knows of any good places to go camping and backpacking around Mississippi or close by states let me know.

Also I am in the process of re-outfitting all of my backpacking equipment (pack, tent, cookware, lights, everything really) and any suggestions along with reviews would be greatly appreciated.

lbean

Hi there Chris, it is nice to meet you. I hope that you are doing well. Sounds like you are ready to have some fun. I have not camped around the Mississippi but I bet it is really fun.