Nothing Like It

Chump

Winter is the best time to eat a warm bowl of homemade chunky chili. I've cooked several batches already. Is anyone else enjoying it yet?

greengrass

Yesterday was COLD and I thought about making chili but wasn't home to do it. Putting it in the crock pot and smelling it all day is always my favorite part of chili making!

Chump

Crock pots are my best friends. I have 3 different sizes and use them all pretty often. It is great to come home to a hot meal just waiting on you.

robbier

Aw, man. I love chili. Haven't had a chance to make any yet this year, but I am just waiting for the time! I have all of the ingredients ready to go!

Shanna

I make that and homemade beef vegetable soup all year. I love it. We freeze a lot to so we have it on hand if we don't want to cook one night. If I make chili, I make homemade pimento cheese salad to go with it. That and a bowl of chili makes a wonderful meal!

jason

fear no beer
The wife cooked some chili last week. Sadly it warmed up the day she cooked it, and did not get cold until the day I finished it. It was still good though.

woodzman

I make that and homemade beef vegetable soup all year. I love it. We freeze a lot to so we have it on hand if we don't want to cook one night. If I make chili, I make homemade pimento cheese salad to go with it. That and a bowl of chili makes a wonderful meal!
Sorry about bumping this back to the top, but I couldn't resist. Would you mind sharing your pimento cheese salad recipe with us? I have a big bowl of chili in the fridge and that sounds delicious.

javen

I never tried eating homemade chunky chili yet, but I'd like to try it on cold season to warm me up. Can you share your unique chili recipe? I would love to experiment this one in the kitchen.

Adventurelover

I love chili! I make lots of chili, soups, and stews during the winter. It's nice to have the house all warm and toasty with the smells wafting throughout it. I like putting about a cup of little smokies in mine.

ATVfan

I love Chili! You are right! Nothing beats a hot bowl of chili in the winter. We eat it often in the winter. Throw it together in the crock-pot, leave for the day and it's dinner when you get home.
I always put sour cream in my bowl- it takes some of the hotness (spicy) out!