Pet sitter

JimBob

Does anyone have any experience with using a pet sitter? What's the best way to go about looking for a trustworthy one? Would you ask for things like a copy of their license? I would only need them for a short vacation to feed my cats and clean the litter box.

firedancer

Ask your friends first, try google or yelp to see if there are reviews of the company, ask your vet. I've used dogwalkers, not pet-sitters and it's the same idea. Since cats are so low maintenance, do you have someone in your family who could use a few extra bucks?

ppine

Forester
We try to always take out dogs with us. Maybe once a year we have friends come and stay at the house, which is fun for everyone. I would not trust someone I didn't know.

jason

fear no beer
I have a good friend who stays at our house when we go. He takes care of the house and dogs while we are away and is a huge relief for us.

Grandpa

Neighbor has a generous supply of sons that I hire to care for the animals when we are gone. They are a class family and totally trustworthy.

hydethebeef

Yeah, ask friends, family and neighbors. I wouldn't get someone from craiglist or any other way because you have no idea what they might do. It isn't like the pet can tell you if they are getting abused.