Redesign?

Gondor

I love the current earth tones of the site, it suits the topics but I would like to see it redesigned a bit, at least to see another theme or the same one in another color.

Hikenhunter

I belong to several sites. This one is the only one I visit more than twice a week. I actually try to get on here everyday and if I don't I feel like I left something undone that day. I try to be spontaneous in my pursuits each day but some things I do each day make me a creature of habit. That being said I can't imagine this site any way but the way it is.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I didn't notice much until now because I'm not an interior decorator and I'm not really interested in becoming one since I'd probably have to change my sexual preferance.

carmen

This is one of the few "light" sites that I visit which does not freak my eyes out, most times I will change a sites theme if they have the personal settings setup to be modified. My own site is set with a black back image to make sure I have enough contrast to read it w/o my glasses on.

Barney

Change is fine if it's for the better and I didn't vote for Obama. :) It would be fun to see how the site would look with new colors, maybe some greenish tint.

jason

fear no beer
Change is fine if it's for the better and I didn't vote for Obama. :) It would be fun to see how the site would look with new colors, maybe some greenish tint.
A very basic design is $500+, something somewhat decent is $1,000+, and for something good you are looking at $1,500+. Let me know which one you want to buy and I'll let you know where to send the check.

Personally, I'm saving up for a better server.

Johnny

A very basic design is $500+, something somewhat decent is $1,000+, and for something good you are looking at $1,500+. Let me know which one you want to buy and I'll let you know where to send the check.

Personally, I'm saving up for a better server.
Smart move, better server means better service in the long run. Site can live with one design but with unattended simple server, hardly. Hiring designers overseas would be 3 times cheaper than what we overpay our fancy designers here.

oldsarge

A different category, on this one doesn't apply. The only constant in life is change, so change the design to spice things up a bit.

After the last four year with Obama, I've had enough of change! Leave it alone, it's all I got to normalcy.

Last edited by a moderator:

3ofusnow

I like the site as it is with one exception. I would change the color of the words that are links or have them underline or something to make it stand out. Since the hyperlinks stay the same color they are sometimes hard to pick up on. I have started capitalizing mine to make them more noticable though and that doesn't cost anything. ;)

monde

The earth/nature theme is okay but I would like to see a little spice in the forum. I'd like to see if there's another font that looks appropriate for the outdoor forum theme aside from the one we're using now.

Grandpa

The earth/nature theme is okay but I would like to see a little spice in the forum. I'd like to see if there's another font that looks appropriate for the outdoor forum theme aside from the one we're using now.
Well, you might try "backpacker dot com" or "the backpacker dot com" or any of the gorp sites if you aren't happy with this site. I'm sure someone is just going to jump for joy to change their whole format just to please you.

Judy Ann

Jason has a great forum going here and the ease of use is beneficial to people who aren't computer savvy. The font is easy to read and the background isn't harsh on tired eyes. JMHO :p