Redfishing!

Gabbie

Well here in Florida we will finally be able to keep two redfish per person with a boat limit max of eight. For so long it has only been one per person. At least this way when you have only a couple going fishing you can manage to have a nice catch of fish to eat. (As long as you can catch you limit that is) :)

jason

fear no beer
Love redfish. One of the main things I go out for. Used to be snook, but you cannot keep any of them, but they are a great fighting fish. How have you been at getting reds?

LeadOperator

Bein from Louisiana, you HAVE to love you some redfish on the half shell. It's almost state law. When you fillet the redfish, just make the first cut at the gillplate, then turn the knife toward the tail. Make that cut all the way through, leaving a slab of meat with the skin on. Rinse it off & put the 2 fillets skin side down on a hot grill. Sprinkle with your favorite Cajun seasoning (mine is Adam's) maybe brush a little melted butter. DO NOT TURN THEM OVER. Bout 6 or 7 minutes & you're good to go. The meat will slide right off the skin. Squeeze a half a fresh lemon all over the meat & O.M.G.

Judy Ann

I used to go to Steinhatchee every spring for flats fishing and redfish in particular. I love game fishing!

Gabbie

We love to Redfish and have been getting some here and there. It's a bit harder in the winter time (we don't have an Airboat or Jetfoot) with these winter tides but just makes it more of a challenge. LeadOperator, hubby fixes Red fillets like that on the grill a lot so it's not just a Louisiana thing! :tinysmile_twink_t2: And BTW, ya'll can keep lots of Reds! :tinysmile_tongue_t: