Salt or fresh water?

ultimatesurvivor

I enjoy swimming in lakes, rivers, seas, oceans well in just about any body of water that is at least waist deep, but I usually prefer fresh water over salt water mainly because I hate the stinging in my eyes after swimming in salt water. How about you, what do you prefer?

Hayley

I'm with you, totally! I'll do both, though, but then sometimes you don't have a choice. I'll take whatever is available and handy. Swimming is my favorite thing practically.

Chippin

I really haven't had too many chances to swim in salt water other than on family vacations. I tend to avoid beaches in general because at some point of the day, I always find some way to swallow down that nasty salt water by accident!

I definitely prefer freshwater for swimming, fishing, and boating.

Erwin

I have no salt water near me as I am surrounded by lakes/ponds/ and pools anywhere that is a day trip away. I love fresh water. I have swam in the ocean a couple times, but my contacts didn't really agree with it!

JDSport

I swim in both and I rather like the fresh water more than the salt water because of the feel and the taste. I love to scuba in saltwater though because of the bright colors of the fish!

jason

fear no beer
Salt here. Nothing against fresh, but with the gators and water moccasins here, I would rather deal with a shark you can usually see coming. But that has not always stopped from playing in a few swimming holes.

Frederico

I love swimming in both - but I have to cast my vote for saltwater, I feel so clean after a swimming in the sea. I also like the bouyancy of salt water - I can swim for longer and faster.

BCBabe

Because of where I live, I can indulge my preference for having BOTH types of water nearby: camp is often near a creek that empties into the sea. I have a greater diversity of food stuff available to me that way, too, as well as a fresh water supply.

I can't stand the feel of my hair if it's been washed in sea-water, either - sea water leaves me and my hair feeling sticking and with a tendancy to stink inside of 12 hours: my second reason for camping near a fresh water source !