Shake-powered Flashlight

Bobby

I just got a new flashlight that is charged up by shaking it. No more trying to pack (and find) spare batteries! Has anyone tried one of these?

Thumper

No but it sounds like a really good idea. I usually take a lantern and radio combo that is powered by cranking it. These are perfect for hiking and camping since you don't have to pack extra batteries around all of the time.

hikingprincess

I have quite a few wind up flashlights that work great in a pinch. We keep one in the house and one in each car. I love not having to worry about batteries dying but I have never seen one that you just shake.

jason

fear no beer
A friend hand one. It was ok, but sometimes you had to shake it for a long time to get it last any length of time.

puddle jumper

I haven't seen these yet, but I have been looking at the crank, or wind up powered lights. We were thinking of getting one that also has a radio on it probably similar to the one Thumper was describing.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Ah yes, the Bernoulli Principle flashlight has been around for a while. I've had one for ten years. Mine is a smaller unit that I use for emergencies but it works quite well. I prefer the extremely small, ten to twelve LED flashlights you can now buy for about five bucks in any drug store. But, when your batteries fail..............

FireBuilder

It's unbelievable how bright those simple LED flashlights are. Luckily they are cheap enough that you can bring a spare flashlight rather than spare batteries.

Paige

That sounds like a wonderful invention! I will have to get one of these so we can at least have something for backup. We carry the little LED flashlights and my husband has a Mag-Light that he takes. We usually have quite enough light.

lbean

It sound like it would be something useful to have in an emergency situations although I think I would rather use one that has good solid batteries in it.

Erwin

That sounds like a great flashlight! I just bought one that they claim to guarantee the batteries for life or will replace them for free. It also has a feature to flash red (event he base) or stay on red!