Sledding with the snowmobile

Foxyloxy

When I was a kid my dad used to tie my sled to the back of his snowmobile and pull me along. Looking back on it, he wasn't going very fast, but I was little so I thought I was being a real daredevil, lol. Has anybody tried this?

jason

fear no beer
My brother had a trike for a short while. He pulled me behind that, it was fun. I'm sure today it would be considered child neglect.

Bumpkin

No kidding, Jason. These days, everything is child neglect. I used to get pulled behind the snowmobile, but I had more fun when I was actually riding it because we would go a lot faster.

sarahbean

It wouldn't be child neglect but you could end up charged with child endangerment. People have done this and ended up getting their kids killed. Yes, it's a freak thing but it's happened enough that it is illegal in many placed.

lovelife

Yep, it would be child endangerment. Too bad because it is a fun thing for the kids to do in the winter. I would let my kids do this in our own yard. Why not just let kids be kids.

climber4life

I think sometimes we get so caught up in the liability craze that seems to be a part of our world these days. Kids or even adults can get killed crossing the street or even walking through a grocery store. I'd let my kids do it.

Gopher

It sounds like fun to me. We used to ride in the back of the pickup all of the time and now it's illegal. I miss some of the things I used to do that we can't anymore because the "sensible" people in the government have made it illegal and are protecting us from ourselves. Sometimes I wonder if we have been making too many laws and have missed a lot of the really important things.

calanta

Most of the times, rules come from freak accidents. And oddly the other day I was talking to my better half who swears up and down how much fun it would be to move to Alaska where he could snowmobile back and forth to work each day, I told just to just get some dog sleds!

bugsy

I really can`t remember if I have ever done this. It does sound like fun though. I`m sure if you don`t go fast you wuold be ok. Some day I want to go back up north and ride a snowmobile. Maybe even try this too. I have a bad back so I have to get my surgery first.