Small solar lights

Hayley

Last year for Christmas, I purchased some small solar lights for the house. They are just little squares, about 3x3, and they are sensor lights that stay on for about 30 seconds when they sense movement. They've cut down the bills alot, but one of the neat things is that I think these are great for the outdoors as well. Have you ever tried anything like this?

Grandpa

Yes, we bought the outside kind and lined our driveway and sidewalk with them, then we can leave the porchlights off unless someone comes. The solar lights give them plenty of light to come to the house and ring the bell.

jason

fear no beer
I have solar spot lights for the back yard screen doors so I can see when the dogs want in. I also use them to line the sidewalk between the front door and drive way.

Valdaree

My sister bought some for her garden however, they didn't seem to hold their charge unless the day was really sunny. Maybe she bought an inferior make?

Rider One

For solar lighting of any kind, you have to have decent sun exposure. If you put them in by trees and bushes that block sunshine, naturally the batteries won't charge. If they are getting good sunlight then the batteries could be defective or are old and need replacing.