So....whaju do this weekend?

Mudslide

I had to work while the wife and kids got to go to the church campout at one of our beautiful state parks here in Ga.!! Oh and she had to remind me a few times that it was lakeside in case I forgot :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Thats ok, next weekend is mine with a backpack strapped on with a trout rod riding along.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Coyote hunting. Didn't even see one but nabbed a couple coons and also shot a opossum trying to steal eggs from the hen house. Fed him to the pigs. Time for some coon stew.

Mudslide

Had family in, did get to do the lawn on Sunday.

What park in GA did they go to?
They were up at Moccasin Creek SP. Yeah, the sites are a little close together here at this park for my tastes, especially for being up in the mountains.....but they were camping right on Lake Burton. Good trout fishing close by and great forest service primitive camping all around that area.

bsmit212

That does look like a great park. Real beautiful. But, I am with you. In that area you can go an extra 20-30 mins and be out off a FSRD and no one near you.

jason

fear no beer
Worked. Saturday did some trimming and other work at a house. Sunday I did some work around my house before the rain and then cleaned the bedrooms and a bathroom before calling it day to sit down and watch Vikings.

Grandpa

loafed and watched it storm, snow/rain/snow/rain. Been gone so much this spring it was good to just sit and loaf.

Lorax

Took my wife down to Chicago to see our son, who lives there. She's been wanting to do a "big city" weekend for a while so we went down for one night.

Hotel, food, Field Museum, comedy improv club, midnight pizza, transportation, etc.

We had two free admissions to the museum and our son paid for the comedy club.

I think I would have spent less starting a campfire with twenty dollar bills. It's been a while since I've been to a major city and forgot how expensive it is.

Cappy

Let's see...... some snow birds stopped by on their way north so we took them to New orleans for a meal and some Jazz hit 3 clubs heard some great music had a ball and were home for 11 pm. We had a back yard BBQ that evolved into an evening of fire pit picking and grinning. Yard work way too much to list. Several nights by the fire pit, a couple nights out to eat, a wonderful Cajun resturant with 100 years of family history, our favorite Chinese place with shrimp; cooked many different ways., We went to the Strawberry festival and explored behind the levee for potential crawfishing spots that we got too busy to go try, Cooked several wonderful spicy meals both out side and in, and drank enough beer to float, the boat in the yard. Experimented with the lemon shine, and made lemon rind candy, and a wonderful yet to be named lemon drink. I know I forgot to mention several things but it was lots of fun, today is the last day then its back to work for a month untel our next 14 day weekend:tinysmile_fatgrin_t