Somebody Said, "Go Fly A Kite". So I did....

CGKiteman

Coast Guard Kiteman {Ret}
Hello. Just joined the forum this evening.

I did some camping in the 1970's when I was in the Boy Scouts. {Yeah, I'm *old*.}

I purchased a new tent a couple of years ago, and I've gone camping a few times since.

One of my hobbies is "Kite Aerial Photography" {or "KAP"}. I've done some KAP while camping, and would like to do more when time permits. {I'd like to just do some CAMPING when time permits, too....}

As the name implies, I use to be a Coastie. I was also in the US Navy for three years before joining the USCG.

-Allan, aka "Coast Guard Kiteman {Ret}"
N.E. North Carolina, USA

incavenow

Nothing wrong with kites. At (almost) 52, I still love to fly them and take my kids, (started a family late, I did), flying when we get the time. a great site to find some heavy lift kites at a decent price is www.intothewinds.com . Best company I ever found in the U.S. for kites.
Jeff

jason

fear no beer
Greetings and salutations. Every time I hear that I think of Marry Poppins thanks to my little girl. How is it going for you today?

energystuff

I've seen some really cool kite pics from people who do kite surfing! There was even one with sharks below the surfer just swimming around. Do you have any pics to share CGKiteman?

oldsarge

Always an honor to meet a Veteran, great to see you here. Your hobby with kites sound interesting, hope to see some pic's soon!