The New Eco Friendly Water Bottles?

DunandAway

I was looking at the new eco friendly water bottles in a store the other day. As far as I could tell, there is no insulation in the majority of these bottles, are there? I could be wrong but wouldn't carrying water in one of these aluminum bottles make it hot when you are carrying it in the summer? That would be like drinking hot water when you're hot and thirsty. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

jason

fear no beer
I typically use Polar insulated water bottles so I cannot comment on the new eco friendly ones. I can tell you that the aluminum ones do not stay cold in the Florida heat though.

campgirl

I've never seen the new eco-friendly bottles that you are talking about. They are thin? I am sure they would still keep things cool or they would not sell right?

trader

If you use an insulated water bottle that you never have to throw away, how is that not eco-friendly? I don't see the need for all these new fangled contraptions.

Michael

If you use an insulated water bottle that you never have to throw away, how is that not eco-friendly?
Because, after you die, it will be in the environment for thousands of years before it breaks down.

HikingChick

Eco-friendly bottles are generally BPA-free and aluminum-free. Generally only the cheapest of bottles is made of aluminum.

Look for something similar to a Klean Kanteen, made of stainless steel and any plastic parts are BPA-free.

Klean Kanteen makes insulated models, as well. :)