Too hot to go

Luvoutdoors

We had been hoping to go camping this weekend or in the next few weeks but it has just been too hot to go. It's so miserable outside you can barely catch your breath and the air quality is terrible. Usually we don't see this kind of weather until August!

jason

fear no beer
Sadly that is the way things have been here. I try to get yard work in early in the morning, but by 9am it is getting too hot. I am trying to plan a day of geocaching with friends and family, but with the heat no one wants to do anything. Trying to get someone to go camping and they will try and get you locked.

cookielover

I think we are going to be spending more time outdoors when it cools off. Comparing this year to last, tons of weather changes have been going on. Last year this time it was much, much cooler.

Luvoutdoors

Yeah, it's looking that way for us too especially with a little one because I definitely don't want her getting too hot. I cut my grass at 7:15 this morning I am sure the neighbors love me now!

failghe

Well funny you mentioned it is too hot to camp. I was thinking about setting up the tent in the back yard this weekend. I can keep cool during the day by relaxing in the pool, or in the house a/c. And do no housework, like a vacation at home?

Grady

We 're currently camping in Alabama, but we have a camper with AC. Tent camping isn't an option right now because we have a one year old and the heat index has been between 105 and 110 everyday. It is so ridiculously hot it's hard to breathe.

RoughRider

Yeah, us too. We have also had anywhere from 80-90% humidity where we are. I'm not going to be able to walk anywhere for the rest of the summer so I guess I'm going to stay around the campfire and talk and whittle. But yeah, during the day-AC is very welcome.

BigBear

Usually, we are wishing for warmer weather in my area, but this year it's getting to the point of really not being able to do much outside besides play in the water. I would really like to get in a campout before the school year starts.

fresh

That is exactly what I have been thinking. The weather is just too warm - it seems the effects of global warming are really kicking in. At times it can be nice, but certain days I tend to confine myself to my house, let alone go camping.

backpack

What is sad is that when the weather cools down... it cools down too much and it is then too cold to do anything. Or it cools down because of torrential rain. Lord knows that ain't fun.:tinysmile_cry_t:

campclose

We camp when it's really hot out. We just make sure our campsite is in the woods and we have plenty of shade. We also camp where there are pools so the kids can swim!

Camoguy

We have been having a severe heat advisory here in the Southeastern part of the US. I heard yesterday that our local civic center has opened from 9am to 5pm for people to come to who don't have air conditioning so they can avoid heat exhaustion or heat stroke.

Charlene

I much prefer camping in the fall. The bugs alone are bad enough in the summer, not to mention the heat and humidity. We go fishing and swimming, but when the heat is this bad I enjoy my modern amenities.

SallyA

I remember some real hot summers when I was a kid, but I'd forgotten how miserable they are. This was supposed to be the summer my husband and I started going camping, but we're waiting until fall when it cools off a bit.

Is anyone camping while it's so hot? If you are, how are you dealing with the heat?