What do you sleep on?

sarahlorrain

Do you just sleep in a sleeping bag and make the best out of the hard ground, or do you like to bring something like a foam pad or an air mattress? I'm a weenie, and I have to have something soft to lie on.

When I was a kid, we went camping a lot. My dad has a bad back, and he found an enclosed hammock with a roof that he slept in. It was actually very comfortable and it kept the bugs out!

Kitten

Air mattress? Where's the camping in that!? lol

We just use our sleeping bags.

tater03

We just use our sleeping bags. I will say as I get older though I wouldn't mind having an air mattress. Getting up in the morning can be fun when your back is sore:)

HereToday

A hammock sounds just the thing. It would be so restful and so much fun to swing in a hammock between two trees, with enough space between the leaves to look at the beautiful stars! I might even give up my soft mat under my sleeping bag for a hammock.

chocoguy

I remember the time that we camp out. We were sleeping on one of the sleeping bag that my friend has brought. I don’t have one.

sarahlorrain

When I was a teenager, I could stand just using a sleeping bag, but not anymore. My husband has a slipped disk in his back, so he needs something softer too.

jason

fear no beer
We just have sleeping bags. But I like the hammock idea. I've fallen asleep many times in one.

mom2manyboyz

Up until my mid-twenties, I would just sleep in a tent on the ground with a pillow and sleeping bag. One night, I remember waking up thinking I could feel every pebble on the ground underneath me. Since then, I've used an air mattress.

camperz

Its a great feeling to sleep in a sleeping bag.
I am sure everybody find it comfortable, at least while camping :p
I love sleeping in open air, watching stars and moon.

basecamp

I use sleeping bags to sleep.
but sometimes if i get a back pain and then i need to get something smoother to have a great sleep.

amine

I just use a sleeping bag. But the place should be clean without any small rocks or pieces of wood. I mean no hard surface. I prefer a soft place where i can sleep without disturbance.

HereToday

Sleeping gear

When I told my hubby about wanting a hammock to sleep in when we go camping this summer, he said the same thing Kitten said about mats: where's the camping in that?:tinysmile_twink_t2:

wild

I use my trekking bag to sleep on. I am a person who likes to sleep on rough surface. I am able to sleep even on open air watching the sky, stars and moon.

bagwell

I love sleeping in the first place....I feel comfortable in a bed but sleeping bags are just awesome during camping....It is easy to carry and super easy to make it as a bed....and yeah I do like sleeping watching the stars and the moon makes me feel as if I am not in earth :)

dheeshaan

Do you just sleep in a sleeping bag and make the best out of the hard ground, or do you like to bring something like a foam pad or an air mattress? I'm a weenie, and I have to have something soft to lie on.

When I was a kid, we went camping a lot. My dad has a bad back, and he found an enclosed hammock with a roof that he slept in. It was actually very comfortable and it kept the bugs out!
I love to carry my sleeping bag wherever I go. I love the comfort of it. My kids and wife too love their sleeping bag..

trek

We just use the sleeping bags.Because sleeping bags are more comfortable.I will get a nice sleep in it.But some time we use some soft materials to lie down and take rest during day time.For sleeping its only sleeping bag.

vidit

i am totally agree with you guys and say sleeping bags is best for sleep in camping because it is quite flexible so you can use anywhere in camping but i don't mind with air matress. but i am fell very coution in sleeping bag.

Christie

Ok, so maybe my husband and I are a bit wimpy. We have an air mattress that we throw our sleeping bags on. We tried just sleeping on the ground one night and spent most of the next morning working the kinks out. The kids however, are just fine on the ground with their sleeping bags..