What is your dream trip?

hikingprincess

If you could camp anywhere in the world, with money not being an option where would you want to go? I think I would want to go on an extended camping trip around Europe.

FireBuilder

If it were allowed, I would give anything to follow in the footsteps of prehistoric man in the valleys of Southern France. (picture Jean Auel's Earth's Children books) I would try to live off the land, without my modern conveniences. (Well, maybe I'd bring coffee!)

woodsman

I'd probably go around Asia, there are a lot of places that are not touched by modern civilization and it would make for some extraordinary memories, I actually do plan to do that before I kick the bucket.

JDSport

I would want to go on a 2 week trip in Alaska. We have always wanted to go and my dad tells me grand stories about his hunting trips.

jason

fear no beer
There is so much to choose from. Alaska, Yellowstone and the Appalachian Mountains come to mind.

faye

My dream trip would be in Bahamas. They may prohibit tourists from camping in the forest, but they can camp around the beach and build a bonfire there.

Itchy_Ivy

If it were allowed, I would give anything to follow in the footsteps of prehistoric man in the valleys of Southern France. (picture Jean Auel's Earth's Children books) I would try to live off the land, without my modern conveniences. (Well, maybe I'd bring coffee!)
I love this series of books. The trip you describe would really be great even though I am not into roughing it.

On another note, I was very happy to see that she is going to add one final book to the collection, and it is going to come March 2011. It is called The Land of Painted Caves.

le Metis

I've had many "dream trips"

4 1/2 days to climb El Capitan in Yosemite
2 weeks of treking across Kenya following the Equator
A short walk about in Australia
Section hiked the PCT from Campo to Shasta
Canoeing in Maine
Backpacking the Mojave
Cycling from San Diego to Cape May

The next one up will be a 3000 mile canoe trip starting in North Carolina, and ending at New Orleans

Refrigerator

ALASKA, No trails, River crossings and wildlife. This will test your skills and take you to a level that most will never reach. Change your life forever. I have trekked the AT and many miles along the PCT and Continental Divide, but Alaska is a place my heart and souls goes to every year.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Been there. Done that. I hesitated to answer this string. All of you have some great ideas and wonderful places you want to go. I don't know what to say other than you really should look into Australia. It's pretty cool.

God bless every one of you. I hope you get to go. I missed some things in my life but the world wasn't one of them. After it all, the most I can say is live it. If you only get the chance to go out in the area you live, go. You won't regret it.

Mysty1

I'm with those that would go to Alaska, I'm still not adventurous enough to go camping or backpacking to far out of country but Alaska is my final frontier, the beauty, the vastness, the fishing - wow sign me up.
Also my favorite and must do will always be camping at the beach, from the first time I got to go when I was a girl scout until now the awe and beauty I feel waking to the ocean still takes my breath away.