Worse thing about camping?

campclose

To you, what is the worse thing about camping?

For me, it's all the work! I love to camp- but I hate the set up and tear down phases. Oh yeah and even worse than both of those is the wash when you get home. We bring everything out of the camper (bedding) and wash it. I like it clean with each camping trip.

What is the worse thing to you?

Foxyloxy

By far...the bugs. I am a mosquito magnet and those buggers could really ruin a trip for me. I am allergic to a lot of commercial bug sprays too, so that makes it even more difficult for me at certain times of the year.

Christie

I'm relatively new to camping, but what I notice is that the excitement and enthusiasm of getting out there usually gets me through the set up process. Unfortunately, when it's time to go home, taking everything down and packing up is just no fun. Maybe I just need to come up with a better system to speed up the process.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

sarahbean

Now that I'm older, it is mainly the insects that aggravate me, too. I don't mind the setup and takedown phases - generally everyone pitches in and it doesn't take too long. But I hate bugs!

campclose

Oh yeah - the bugs get me too. Most times the fire keeps them away at night but during the day they are little buggers!
See we shop together for all the food and supplies prior to camping, and more times than not- it's a pain... we have camped so many times that the set-up stinks!

jason

fear no beer
Worse thing for me most often is packing up to go home. I think it is more the packing up then the heading home. I feel more rushed to get everything up, and nothing seems to have fit like before.

enzo

When sleeping, I have ants and mosquitoes bugging me and worse, I didn't bring my mosquito net with me! And yeah, packing my things takes a lot of work for the day when heading back home.

3ofusnow

Bugs! There are always lots of bugs when we camp in the summer and fall here and ants and mosquitos seemed to especially abundant this year!

campclose

I think the packing up is the worse, just because I'm thinking of all the laundry and airing out of things we do. Other than that, I'm usually ready to head for home and sleep in my own bed.

calanta

I never mind organizing all the things to pack when we go, but when we do come back esp. from a long trip out, I hate the laundry to deal with after. I would give my leg to have someone else do it. :D

southerngal

Mosquitos and packing all the gear back up to go back home is the worse thing to me. Packing up in the rain is pretty rough to though cause then your stuff is all wet and nasty when you get home.

2coastcamper

I think the worst is when you've already made the drive home, and it's time to wash what needs washed and store what needs stored. You have no idea how temping it is to leave everything in the back of the SUV for a day and deal with it later!

camp1

When the kids were little, the worst thing about camping was how they were filthy the entire time we were camping. Also that they wanted to play in the fire!

Now that they are grown, I have to say that the laundry that has to be done when we get home is the worst part.

bugsy

I also hate the bugs. But for me the worse thing is the unpacking when we get home. What a mess. Everyone does help but I am the one who has to clean everything ugh. lol.