Zombie Squad

Bella Rae

I can not remember what I was watching, but I saw some interesting info on a group called The Zombie Squad. I might have got the name wrong, so if I did, just correct me. The squad is a group of people who teach others how to survive zombies. The thing is, those survival skills translate to general survival skills so it is an interesting way to learn. Does anyone else know anything else on this zombie group? I would go, because it sounds interesting. Could turn out pretty funny, too!

calanta

As much as we love watching zombie anything in this house I have no clue what you are talking about here. It does sound interesting though so if anyone does know I would be interested in watching it if I can find it on Netflix or something like that.

SunnyDay

I was participating in a fitness group and we started a fitness plan to survive zombies. It was all about building endurance. I'm not sure that I'd survive a zombie attack but I know for sure I can run for 8 miles now!

Gunny Webb

Outdoor Member
ZS has a ton of info, from gear info to planning and even what to do if the undead arise. I tend to dodge the undead stuff. They had a MBO, mock bug out thread in the late summer that was great. The have a winter MBO going on now.
You kind of have to nose around to find what you want, but it's has a ton of info.

Needadventure

I had never heard of them before, but there is a lot of great info over there. I will have to look over it a little more when I have more time. In case you click the link today they are doing SOPA awareness, but if you click on the black screen it takes you to the page.

Bella Rae

I am not sure if that is the group I saw on tv, because I am sure there are many of these groups. The idea is the same though, and translates to general survival too. I think this would be a good way to remember survival skills, for those who might not be interested otherwise. I am sure you would never forget a skill you learned, in a zombie atmosphere!

oldsarge

I enjoy zombie movies, but my favorite movies were based on the book "I Am Legend" This book is a 1954 horror fiction novel by American writer Richard Matheson. It was influential in the development of the zombie genre and in popularizing the concept of a worldwide apocalypse due to disease. I never read the book but enjoy all the movies based on it.

1st was the movie with Vincent Price "The last man on earth" , worth watching for the poor acting and really bogus zombies. Almost comical, but worth at least seeing once.

2nd was "The Omega Man" with Charlton Heston. A classic!

And finally was the recent movie with Will Smith "I Am Legend", one of my favorite actors doing a great job in this film.

I say rent them all and have a zombie night at the movies!!!!

Last edited:

Blueskyy

I LOVE I am Legend except for the part about the dog. I usually have to leave the room for that part because I just can't take it. The zombie site has a lot of cool general survival stuff on there. I will definitely check it out further. With all the super bugs and viruses they are creating (at unsecured labs I might add) maybe zombies ARE a real threat. Shoot them in the head...works in every zombie movie I have seen! ;)

oldsarge

Resident Evil us another movie inspired by virus infection. Fun games too!

3ofusnow

The resident Evil series is pretty good. I like Dawn of the Dead too, and for a funnier take on zombies Shaun of the Dead. Did anybody watch the Walking Dead series?

oldsarge

I enjoyed the Walking Dead, It had a good ending last season! I didn't catch it from the very beginning of the series though. So I never heard what caused the dead to rise. Guess it doesn't matter though, once they're up and about, the story is all the same.

Miley

The Walking Dead, is my favorite television series! I really liked I am Legend, so I am going to try to watch those other movies. This reminds menof an awesome movie, but it does not involve zombies, just a disaster. The movie is called The Road, and follows a man and his son trying to survive. I think it is based off a novel, but I am not sure of the name of the book. I don't cry during movies. I don't get emotional or anything. This movie had me so emotional, I was sobbing and asking my brother why he insisted I watch it. Great, great movie!

oldsarge

I also enjoyed "The Road", it was a post apocalyptic scenario and a sad story. That whole post apocalyptic genre is interesting in itself. The "Book of Eli" is another movie that falls into that category....along with the Mad Max, Water World and a ton of other movies.

Needadventure

I hated The Road...not because it was a bad story, but the actor playing the little boy was horrible. It may not even be that he is a bad actor, but all he did was whine, cry, and scream...which come to think of it is exactly how most of the coddled kids of today would react in a similar scenario. I just thought it really took away from the story they were trying to tell.