Head Lamp

DirtySouth

I'm in the market for a headlamp. What do you guys think of Black Diamond, specifically the Spot? I'm not going to be doing anything terribly extreme, but I like to get stuff that lasts and will stand up to the elements.

briansnat

Platnium Member
I'm in the market for a headlamp. What do you guys think of Black Diamond, specifically the Spot? I'm not going to be doing anything terribly extreme, but I like to get stuff that lasts and will stand up to the elements.
I've had quite a few headlamps over the years, various Princeton Tec, Petzel, LL Bean models.

I purchased the Black Diamond Storm not long ago and I think it's the best headlamp I've owned to date. The Spot appears to be similar. Not quite as bright as the Storm but it has a battery meter that the Storm lacks.

I'm not sure of the value of a battery meter, when the light starts to dim that is all the battery meter I need.

Last edited:

dinosaur

troublemaker
Has anyone seen that commercial for the baseball cap with the four LED's built in? The cap says "I am lightheaded" on the front. You get two for ten bucks.

oldsarge

Has anyone seen that commercial for the baseball cap with the four LED's built in? The cap says "I am lightheaded" on the front. You get two for ten bucks.
Saw guy with one a while ago, Just didn't have any writing on it. I was surprised to see it advertised on TV. Guess it took a while to get out. The guy said it wasn't all that bright, just good enough for up close stuff. I like the head lamps myself, they seem to be really bright. Also knew a guy that had the glasses with lights mounted on the sides. From a distance he looked like a Jeep coming down the trail.

ghostdog

Valhalla, I am coming
I have owned several headlamps over the years and have found some not bright enough for night navigation, not dim enough to read by or with others I didn't like the user interface. Both girlfriend and I have over 100 nights on our Surefire Saint Miniums headlamps now and we like them. They are expensive but well worth it if you backpack often. They provide light from 1 lumen up to 100 lumens and any level in between. The flood pattern is perfect for human vision. It is easy to read with the low setting, cook or work around camp with a slightly higher setting and move across rough terrain on the higher settings. They are very comfortable on the head.

It is good to have a hands-free light source that is dependable and easy to use.

P

processed in everything

Never forget the head lamp!
People sometimes ask about what kind of flash light to have and although I have some hand held ones, I always make sure that a head lamp is also on my packing list.
I use a cheap variety.
This kind of XECCON headlamp which meets your requirement owns the indespersable characteristic of high brightness, long runtime,waterproof to use in extremely environment. Xeccon headlamp utilizes SSC-P7 led to throw a high output beam with maxium 1600-lumen bright output.

Max Runtime: 5 hrs

Three Mode: High> Low>Strobe

Reflector: Glossy aluminum reflector.

Lens: Bullet-resisting lens stops bullets from passing through it.

Material: Durable aircraft-grade aluminum.

Surface treatment: Normal-anodized

IndianaHiker

Guess that is for a shield if the 1600 lumens doesn't blind the shooter. That poster must work for that company as all of his post refer to some lighting product made by that company. 1600 Lumens and a 5 hour run time for less than 70 buck I have my doubts.

P

processed in everything

The max output can reach 1600 lumen, but if you do not need the as many 1600, you can choose the low mode, which give out less bright light.

Michael

I'm not sure what the crap people need a 1600 lumen headlamp for. My 20 dollar Coleman headlamp isn't remotely close to that, and I can walk around with it just fine in the woods on an overcast night. It also lasts a lot longer than 5 hours on one load of batteries.

They're headlamps, not stadium lights.

IndianaHiker

Maybe you do not have some or good knowledge about XECCON tactical led SSC-P7 headlamp.
But you can see more information about the XECCON tactical led SSC-P7 headlamp. A little beneficial.
Oh no I have looked at it even though I didn't need to. Would never buy anything from that company. Have total disdain for any company that advertises by spamming a forum. The first post was fine stating what headlamp you use. But then asking advise on what to buy and only xeccon products make it pretty obvious that you have some interest in this company. While I am not a moderator I would say feel free to post anything useful but please stop using this forum as a place to advertise your products. I know that I for sure will never purchase a Xeccon product and I am sure that many others here feel the same way.

Michael

No, I read the web site. I found it a bit busy for my tastes, and it uses the word, "Tactical," in a way that implies that the designer doesn't actually know what it means.

Regardless, the stuff on the site is more expensive and has a greater output than you actually need to go hiking or camping. I'm sure a 1600 lumen light is great if you need to bicycle down a country road on an overcast night, but it's hardly necessary for camping. Mine is apparently 33 lumens on high, and it works fine.