Bikes with dogs

T

tentrus

Have you ever seen a biker pulling a little dog in a bike stroller? I saw this today and I could not stop laughing! I'm all about riding bikes but I'm not about hauling my dog around with me on the bike. My dog is a boxer!

Fox38

That sounds as bad ad people who dress their dogs! It irritates me to no end. I guess some people have different views of pets. I don't have small dogs either and I have no need for them.

Pathfinder1

I usually don't trek very far,
when all around me bicycles pulling dogs are.

I don't think I've seen a bike pulling a dog. However, a friend of mine thought it was a good idea to have his Newfoundland pull HIM on his bike. The dog yanked the bike and rider to the pavement, fracturing the biker's arm near the shoulder. He'll never try that again...!!

Grandpa

I take my dog (when allowed) but his mobility is his worry. After he eats some food out of his pack, there is room for some of my stuff.:llama:

oldsarge

I once seen a guy who road his bike while his dog ran along. I thought "How cool is that", when I got dog I gave it a try, figure the odds on this working out for me. Got about half a block when the dog decided to change directions....right across my front tire, pulled my hand holding the lease and I burned into the pavement like a lawn dart. Really lucky though, all I got was some road rash. Man was I pissed, but felt bad for the dog because he was tied to this tangled mess of me and my bike, he was freaking out big time.

Refrigerator

Have you ever seen a biker pulling a little dog in a bike stroller? I saw this today and I could not stop laughing! I'm all about riding bikes but I'm not about hauling my dog around with me on the bike. My dog is a boxer!
I did the Green-brier River Trail with a black lab 10 months old. I pulled a bike trailer. First mile she would not stay in but after that first mile run she hopped in with no hesitation. I did get some hard looks from others.

EddieK47

Old Yankee
Well if you wish your little buddy along it's not a bad idea.Most people don't realize that dogs are not build for long sustained runs.A human in fair shape can easily outdistance a dog.Speed no.To hall your pet along on a bike ride or run can do it harm.

Terry

We saw a guy "walking" his 2 dogs in the campground while riding his bike. One would be bad enough, but what if they decided to go in different directions. It could be bad news for that guy.