Are you a loner or like lots of other to come with you?

AlwaysOutdoors

Do you like to up and go camping with just you and your spouse, SO or do you like to ask friends and family to come along? Most of the time we like to go with just the two of us. Just curious.

WalkingMan

I'm pretty much a loner and don't want company. It's foreign to me to have a bunch of people around so I don't do it. I would rather go to the woods alone and enjoy the quiet.

firedancer

I like a small group. I have some friends who belong to a large camping "Meetup" - their trips sounds like fun except for the fact that they usually have 30-40 people along. That's way too many for me!

ponderosa

I prefer just immediate family or a few carefully selected friends. I really like to go with my husband, and/or my dad. I used to take a lot of backpacking trips with one of my sisters. I don't mind introducing an enthusiastic newbie to hiking/backpacking, one or two at a time. Meeting a big group of folks of varying experience/abilities for a trip is not appealing to me at all.

gregkthompson

It actually depends in what kind of mode I'm in. I love taking pictures, so if I am all about pictures that day, I would rather be by myself. I dont mind going with atleast just one friend. It gives you someone to talk to while your puffing along the trail.

For camping, defineately by myself. Dont really like sleeping in tents with people. Thats just a personnel thing.

ChadTower

I prefer to have my sons with me 100% of the time. Anyone else, meh. I have tried dozens of times to set up trips where a bunch of my family, or friends, has sites at the same place on the same weekend. It has never once worked. Most of the time people never bother to respond to the invitation at all.

calanta

It depends the trip for us, we do like company sometimes but not taking 1/2 of the family with us. A few extra people is always nice to help carry stuff. :)

Newanderthal

loner or very small group. solo hikes and backpacking trips are enriched by the infinite possibilities of not having to compromise with another party.

msdoolittle

As far as backpacking goes, I solo or go in a small group, as well. I go into the backcountry for a reason, and that's to get away from people.

Big groups have their place and I enjoy that environment as well. But I have to really be in the mood for it. Or have a buffer.

Judy Ann

Loner because I didn't know anyone else who camped until my family was convinced that it was safe enough to join me. When I need to think I'll hike/camp alone, otherwise it's fun to have a few others around. Looking forward to the first outing with a larger group from the South that includes everyone who can handle a barrier island in February in all of its glory!

Grandpa

Camping, family only. Backpacking, solo or groups. I just finished a week with a small group that got together via internet years ago. We were all part of a larger group, but the five of us meshed and we have been getting together for week long or longer hikes for the last 7 years. Sometimes, kids and grandkids also come along but the core five are the basis.

IndianaHiker

Same as backing as in life in general. I don't have a problem with going alone prefer it to large groups. Like going out with 2 to 3 others though just as well. I prefer a small group when socializing or backpacking with more intimate and meaningful conversation than a large loud goofy crowd.

LindaLou

Well I don't really like large crowds. I don't mind having a few friends/family along as it can be fun with a small group sometimes. We do like to go by ourselves a lot though, just to get away. It's so peaceful and with large crowds........well not so.

wvbreamfisherman

Solo is fine with me, but I also like being with a few close friends. It's a fine thing to sit around the campfire and tell tall tales, swap stories and relax with people you're totally comfortable with.