early to rise

carmen

Most times when we head out I am always the first one up, I guess it works the same as at home. Who else is a early riser when you are out camping? Are you nice and let others sleep in, most times I head out for a nice quiet walk alone. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

oldsarge

Same here. I like to get up, get the coffee going and enjoy the peace and quiet. I like getting up just before dawn. Unless of course it's a really late night, then you have to take full advantage of the morning and get up at the crack of noon.

love2hike

Everyone usually wakes up around the same time when we're camping, although that's not the case when we're at home. We all want to get as much out of our trips as possible though, so we usually wake shortly after sun up when we're on vacation.

back2nature

I'm always the first one up whenever I'm not sleeping at home in my own bed. I just don't sleep that well or as deep if I'm not at home. I've always been this way, even as a kid.

Hazel

I'm usually the first one up when camping and I start breakfast so everyone else soon follow.

JeepThrills

I'm usually the last one to get to bed, so I tend to be the last one to get up. I am not a morning person, so waking up later and getting a later start usually works best for me.

hikeorbike

I find it hard to sleep too late while camping because I always have trouble sleeping as soundly in new places. Elements like the weather and sleeping on the ground don't make for the comfiest of conditions.

littlefire

I'm usually the first to wake up because I'm out of my own bed; my mind and body has a way of knowing these things. I start cooking up the breakfast!

ejdixon

For some reason, I'm usually an early riser whenever I'm out camping, and usually the first one up whenever I go camping with friends. There is something about the early morning that I really like just enjoying some coffee and just staring out.

LoveTheWater

We are early to bed and early to get up most of the time. When camping we both like to get up early and enjoy the quiet of the morning with a cup of coffee. We like the sounds of all the birds and other animals that are starting their day off too. :)

Joe S.

I am a night owl. I never have been an early riser, and I am sure I never will be either! I do appreciate it when the early risers allow me my rest in the morning.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Well, it's 6:12 as I write this and I've been up for an hour and 15 minutes. But you never know. I sleep when I'm sleepy and get up when I'm not.

Grandpa

Well, it's 6:12 as I write this and I've been up for an hour and 15 minutes. But you never know. I sleep when I'm sleepy and get up when I'm not.
When I wake up, I get up. It's 6:26 as I read this. I've been up quite a while as well. And if I feel like it, I may go back to bed, or I might not. Life is grand.

carmen

I love the idea of waking earlier to get more things done quicker in the day and then be able to enjoy the afternoons doing whatever I fancy. That is not a bad thing, is it?

chuckdee

I'm usually up right at sunset unless I drank a keg of beer and I always let people sleep.