Easiest Breakfast

Lorax

Cous cous seasoned with brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Throw in some chunks of dried strawberry, apple and mango, a few slivers of almonds and mix together. Heat a cup of water up and dump the ingredients in once the water boils. Mix and wait five minutes. Done.

Refrigerator

Snickers candy bar...period......drink of choice.....I guarantee you will be energized for the next 3 hrs.....I lived of off'em in the military as a Ranger...and I live by it today.....

Grandpa

Some of my backpacking friends integrate pop tarts into their breakfast. One guy sets one on the lid of his pot when he boils his coffee water and the steam warms the tart.

Sorry Fridge, snickers candy bars are very good but snickers marathon bars are even better,:tinysmile_twink_t2: But then my doctor says I need the extra protein more than the sugar.

Been a lot of good ideas to choose from here. I've picked up some great ideas to try. If it tastes good at home, it will taste even better on the trail. Variety is also important on long treks. Thanks for the input everyone.

Last edited:

Bud Corwin

BudsBlog
I, like dinosaur, don't often go for the quick breakfast. I like to eat a hardy meal of eggs and bacon or ham along with taters and toast. Also have to start out the day with two or three cups of java.

Pathfinder1

Bud Corwin;

I, like dinosaur, don't often go for the quick breakfast. I like to eat a hardy meal of eggs and bacon or ham along with taters and toast. Also have to start out the day with two or three cups of java.

Hi, Bud...

You're looking fine today. Welcome aboard.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
I heat my morning instant cappuccino. While I wait for the cup to cool I toast a bagel in a small pot over the flame and eat granola bar. Spread honey on bagel from little packet. Pack up stove and munch bagel bits. Drink cappuccino. Pack up little pot (now cool). Finish cappuccino and rinse out/dry cup.
No real mess like grits or oats to clean out of pot, the only waste is the little honey packet and the granola wrapper. Both go in the cappuccino bag (I premeasure it into little craft bags).

Otto

In general, to camping meals are simple and convenient type, is no exception, up early, honestly cucumber and onion, accompanied by tuna and corn, topped with salad dressing and floss, shop in the baked bread, it becomes cool and refreshing fit of wild fun breakfast, then again cup the smell of strong coffee, tired spirit in the week since the instant charge, true to force it.

Cappy

Back in da day friends usta make what they called journey cakes. Oats and grains dried fruits and nuts pressed into buiscuit shape held together with honey. These were seperated by wax paper and packed in a roll the size of a pringles can. Ya could take one out and eat it straight up while walking, or ya could put 'em in a cup poor on the boiling water and they would become a lushous porrage. They clamed it was a 'paleo' type thing, and this was way back before folks talked about paleo. Who knows maybe they were 'Elvish" in nature only thing I know they were agreat morning treat to get outa your pack.

Last edited:

Cappy

Back in da day friends usta make what they called journey cakes. Oats and grains dried fruits and nuts pressed into buiscuit shape held together with honey. These were seperated by wax paper and packed in a roll the size of a pringles can. Ya could take one out and eat it straight up while walking, or ya could put 'em in a cup poor on the boiling water and they would become a lushous porrage. They clamed it was a 'paleo' type thing, and this was way back before folks talked about paleo. Who knows maybe they were 'Elvish" in nature only thing I know they were a great morning treat to get outa your pack.

Cappy

LOL, the poptarts are still often my quickie breakfast on the boat. I like the chocolate fudge ones with my big ole 30 oz insulated coffee cup.

uday

Chocolate-flavored sticky rice, in other words, it is called "champorado". I would have it ready in a packet and will just add some hot water to moisten the powder form. Then a good coffee without sugar on the side. Perfect for a camping breakfast.

Pathfinder1

Cappy;
Back in da day friends usta make what they called journey cakes. Oats and grains dried fruits and nuts pressed into buiscuit shape held together with honey.

Hi...

I've heard of something similar called Johnny cakes or ho' cakes. They were made from cornmeal and allegedly fried on the blade of a garden hoe over a fire.

Cappy

I've heard of something similar called Johnny cakes or ho' cakes

Yep those are just corn meal pancakes and are very common down here, the Johnny cakes had more stuff in them like a fritter. The hoe cakes were mostly just corn meal and water. Kinda like mexican tortillas. The journey cakes were more like granola or a trail mix that was pressed into buiskit form:tinysmile_grin_t:

Cappy

Lots of paleo primitive info talks about pemmican, but I cant find reference to it in early deep south writings. I guess its a case of ya do with whats available or something.