So, What's Your Plans?

OldSole

With the upcoming Thanksgiving holidays looming ahead of us quicker than I'd like to think, what are your plans for the time off? Are you going on a hike or going backpacking? I am trying to make up my mind whether I want to join in on the family thing or if I want to go backpacking.

wvbreamfisherman

Probably go out in the AM on opening day (Monday before T'giving). Working Tuesday and Wednesday AM. Getting turkey ready for fryer Wednesday night. Family dinner Thursday afternoon. Loaf around Friday thru Sunday.

Refrigerator

Having a T day strut dinner backpacking the next 4 days.....T day dinner served at Saunders shelter in Virginia along the AT.....I do this every year.

Newanderthal

Girlfriend and I are going to the Smokey Mountains for a few days. We're testing out some new gear. Turkey day dinner will be stuffed, grilled turkey drumsticks in the back yard and for Black Friday we'll be in the woods again, hiding from the lunatics.

omegapd

Headed to the GA/TN line for a few days with the family- going to bring my Nordic Poles, a backpack and a few supplies and sneak off one of those days to do some exploring in the mountains. Can't wait!

ejdixon

Heading over to my girlfriend's folks' house for Thanksgiving. Planning to do some hiking on Black Friday to burn away all of the stuff eaten the day before. :D

SpencerT

I've got three different dinner parties planned. Two dinners with my family and one will be at my girlfriends family. It's going to be hectic that day, but I'm looking forward to stuffing my face with all kinds of food. I'm also going to a holiday carnival that week too.

Judy Ann

Still working on the details, but I'll surprise my sister by making it home for Thanksgiving with most of the family. I'm hoping that I can talk the kids into camping with me a couple of nights and doing a canoe trip down one of the lowcountry black water rivers. Might even try to catch a few fish just in case they're biting.

charley

I went to the doc this am and he said my knees are wearing but not real bad. I still have good range of motion and my pain level is not too bad. There is nothing new wrong and keep doing what I'm doing and maybe add some more yoga and tai chi. So I think I will head to the ANF for a few days. I will backpack in a short distance, set up a camp and do day trips. In less than 2 weeks deer season will be here and I will get some good walks in then. It will depend on the weather but if nights are not too cold some 5 mile backpacking trips and start building miles. My plantar fasciati is finaly feeling ok, too. I will soon be a happy camper.

OwenM

Not sure. I'll be working, regardless, and my off days are during the week, but the weekly overnights will go on, as usual(unless we're getting absolutely pounded by mother nature, like today). Cheaha Wilderness area, Walls of Jericho on the AL/TN line, maybe something in N. GA if I figure out where to go. Savage Gulf in TN a couple of weeks after Thanksgiving, which I'm really looking forward to.

Lorax

I usually head to my friends place for some deer hunting, but this year the family can all make it together for a long weekend to celebrate;
1.Thanksgiving
2.My son leaving for USMC Recruit Training
3.My wife's birthday
4. My grand daughter's baptism

This, with a house full of company will be a busy but fun weekend. I'd like to sneak in a day hike in there somewhere if possible.

Lefty

We'll have dinner mid day, then hang out for a couple hours, then go for a good hike with the two dogs. We have snow already, so it it'll be snow shoeing this year.