Two Eskimos

steves

Not sure how true this is but what the heck !

The U.S.S. Constitution (Old Ironsides) as a combat vessel carried 48,600 gallons of fresh water for her crew of 475 officers and men.
This was sufficient to last six months of sustained operations at sea. She carried no evaporators.
However, let it be noted that according to her log, "On July 27, 1798, the U.S.S. Constitution sailed from Boston with a full complement of 475 officers and men, 48,600 gallons of fresh water, 7,400 cannon shot, 11,600 pounds of black powder and 79,400 gallons of rum."
Her mission: "To destroy and harass English shipping." Making Jamaica on 6 October, she took on 826 pounds of flour and 68,300 gallons of rum.
Then she headed for the Azores, arriving there 12 November. She provisioned with 550 pounds of beef and 64,300 gallons of Portuguese wine.
On 18 November, she set sail for England. In the ensuing days she defeated five British men-of-war and captured and scuttled 12 English merchantmen, salvaging only the rum aboard each.
By 26 January, her powder and shot were exhausted. Nevertheless, although unarmed she made a night raid up the Firth of Clyde in Scotland. Her landing party captured a whisky distillery and transferred 40,000 gallons of single malt Scotch aboard by dawn.
Then she headed home.
The U.S.S. Constitution arrived in Boston on 20 February, 1799, with no cannon shot, no food, no powder, no rum, no wine, no whisky and 38,600 gallons of stagnant water.

GO NAVY!

beemerphill

Montana Rancher

An 80-year-old rancher from Montana goes to the Mayo clinic in Rochester for a check-up.

The doctor is amazed at what good shape the guy is in and asks, 'How do you stay in such great physical condition?'

'I'm from Montana and in my spare time I like to hunt and fish' says the old guy, 'and that's why I'm in such good shape. I'm up well before daylight riding herd and mending fences and when I'm not doing that, I'm out hunting or fishing. In the evening, I have a beer, a shot of whiskey and all is well.'

'Well' says the doctor, 'I'm sure that helps, but there's got to be more to it. How old was your father when he died?'

'Who said my Father's dead?'

The doctor is amazed. 'You mean you're 80 years old and your father's still alive? How old is he?'

'He's 100 years old,' says the old cowboy. 'In fact he worked and hunted with me this morning, and then we went to the topless bar for a while and had a little beer and that's why he's still alive. He's a Montana rancher and he hunts and fishes too!'

'Well,' the doctor says, 'that's great, but I'm sure there's more to it than that. How about your father's father? How old was he when he died?'

'Who said my Grandpa's dead?'

Stunned, the doctor asks, 'you mean you're 80 years old and your grandfather's still alive?'

'He's 118 years old,' says the man.

The doctor is getting frustrated at this point, 'So, I guess he went hunting with you this morning too?'

'No, Grandpa couldn't go this morning because he's getting married today.'

At this point the doctor is close to losing it. 'Getting Married??? Why would a 118 year-old guy want to get married?'

'Who said he wanted to?'

:tinysmile_fatgrin_t:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

oldsarge

I called my friend Andy Sable, a gastroenterologist, to make an appointment for a colonoscopy.
A few days later, in his office, Andy showed me a color diagram of the colon, a lengthy organ that appears to go all over the place, at one point passing briefly through Minneapolis.
Then Andy explained the colonoscopy procedure to me in a thorough, reassuring and patient manner.

I nodded thoughtfully, but I didn't really hear anything he said, because my brain was shrieking, 'HE'S GOING TO STICK A TUBE 17,000 FEET UP YOUR BEHIND!'
I left Andy's office with some written instructions, and a prescription for a product called 'MoviPrep,' which comes in a box large enough to hold a microwave oven. I will discuss MoviPrep in detail later; for now suffice it to say that we must never allow it to fall into the hands of America 's enemies.

I spent the next several days productively sitting around being nervous.
Then, on the day before my colonoscopy, I began my preparation. In accordance with my instructions, I didn't eat any solid food that day; all I had was chicken broth, which is basically water, only with less flavor.
Then, in the evening, I took the MoviPrep. You mix two packets of powder together in a one-liter plastic jug, then you fill it with lukewarm water. (For those unfamiliar with the metric system, a liter is about 32 gallons). Then you have to drink the whole jug. This takes about an hour, because MoviPrep tastes - and here I am being kind - like a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon.
The instructions for MoviPrep, clearly written by somebody with a great sense of humor, state that after you drink it, 'a loose, watery bowel movement may result.'

This is kind of like saying that after you jump off your roof, you may experience contact with the ground.
MoviPrep is a nuclear laxative. I don't want to be too graphic, here, but, have you ever seen a space-shuttle launch? This is pretty much the MoviPrep experience, with you as the shuttle. There are times when you wish the commode had a seat belt. You spend several hours pretty much confined to the bathroom, spurting violently. You eliminate everything. And then, when you figure you must be totally empty, you have to drink another liter of MoviPrep, at which point, as far as I can tell, your bowels travel into the future and start eliminating food that you have not even eaten yet.

After an action-packed evening, I finally got to sleep.

The next morning my wife drove me to the clinic. I was very nervous. Not only was I worried about the procedure, but I had been experiencing occasional return bouts of MoviPrep spurtage. I was thinking, 'What if I spurt on Andy?' How do you apologize to a friend for something like that? Flowers would not be enough.

At the clinic I had to sign many forms acknowledging that I understood and totally agreed with whatever the heck the forms said. Then they led me to a room full of other colonoscopy people, where I went inside a little curtained space and took off my clothes and put on one of those hospital garments designed by sadist perverts, the kind that, when you put it on, makes you feel even more naked than when you are actually naked...

Then a nurse named Eddie put a little needle in a vein in my left hand. Ordinarily I would have fainted, but Eddie was very good, and I was already lying down. Eddie also told me that some people put vodka in their MoviPrep.
At first I was ticked off that I hadn't thought of this, but then I pondered what would happen if you got yourself too tipsy to make it to the bathroom, so you were staggering around in full Fire Hose Mode. You would have no choice but to burn your house.

When everything was ready, Eddie wheeled me into the procedure room, where Andy was waiting with a nurse and an anesthesiologist. I did not see the 17,000-foot tube, but I knew Andy had it hidden around there somewhere. I was seriously nervous at this point.

Andy had me roll over on my left side, and the anesthesiologist began hooking something up to the needle in my hand.

There was music playing in the room, and I realized that the song was 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA. I remarked to Andy that, of all the songs that could be playing during this particular procedure, 'Dancing Queen' had to be the least appropriate.

'You want me to turn it up?' said Andy, from somewhere behind me.

'Ha ha,' I said. And then it was time, the moment I had been dreading for more than a decade. If you are squeamish, prepare yourself, because I am going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what it was like.

I have no idea. Really. I slept through it. One moment, ABBA was yelling 'Dancing Queen, feel the beat of the tambourine,' and the next moment, I was back in the other room, waking up in a very mellow mood.

Andy was looking down at me and asking me how I felt. I felt excellent. I felt even more excellent when Andy told me that It was all over, and that my colon had passed with flying colors. I have never been prouder of an internal organ.

On the subject of Colonoscopies...
Colonoscopies are no joke, but these comments during the exam were quite humorous..... A physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominately male) while he was performing their colonoscopies:

1. 'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!'

2. 'Find Amelia Earhart yet?'

3. 'Can you hear me NOW?'

4. 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?'

5. 'You know, in Arkansas , we're now legally married.'

6. 'Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?'

7. 'You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out...'

8. 'Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!'

9. 'If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!'

10. 'Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity.'

11. 'You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?'

12. 'God, now I know why I am not gay.'

And the best one of all:

13. 'Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?

oldsarge

Back on January 9th a group of Pekin, Illinois bikers were riding west on I-74 when they saw a girl about to jump off the Murray Baker Bridge .

So they stopped.

George, their leader, a big burly man of 53, got off his Harley, walked through a group of gawkers, past the State Trooper who was trying to talk her down off the railing, and said,

"Hey Baby, whatcha doin' up there on that railin'?"

She answered tearfully, "I'm going to commit suicide!!"

While he didn't want to appear "sensitive," George also didn't want to miss this "be-a-legend" opportunity either, so he asked, "Well, before you jump, Honey Babe, why don't you give ole George here your best last kiss?"

With no hesitation she leaned back over the railing and did just that, and it was a long, deep, lingering kiss, followed immediately by another even better one.

After they breathlessly finished, George got a big thumbs-up approval from his biker buddies, the onlookers, and even the State Trooper, and then said,

"Wow! That was the best kiss I have ever had, Honey! That's a real talent you're wasting, Sugar Shorts. You could be famous if you rode with me. Why the hell are you committing suicide?"

"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl."

It's still unclear whether she jumped or was pushed

oldsarge

What's the cheapest type of meat?

Deer Balls........they're under a buck.....Bwaaaaa!

dinosaur

troublemaker
Hmmmm.....looks like Coz lost his sense of humor since the tornado. Of course it is a really bad joke.

oldsarge

After the man received the full treatment - shave, shampoo, manicure, haircut, etc. -

He placed Little Johnny in the chair.
"I'm going to buy a green tie to wear for the parade," he said.
"I'll be back in a few minutes."
When Little Johnny's haircut was complete and the man still hadn't returned, the barber said,
"Looks like your daddy's forgotten all about you."
"That wasn't my daddy," said Little Johnny.
"He just walked up, took me by the hand and said,

'Come on, kid, we're gonna get a free haircut!'"

oldsarge

A woman went to the doctor's office where she was seen by one of the younger doctors.

After about four minutes in the examination room, she burst out screaming as she ran down the hall.

An older doctor stopped her and asked what the problem was, and she told him her story.

After listening, he had her sit down and relax in another room.

The older doctor marched down the hallway back to where the young doctor was writing on his clipboard.

"What the hell is the matter with you?!" the older doctor demanded. "Mrs. Terry is 71 years old, has four grown children and seven grandchildren, and you told her she was pregnant?"

The younger doctor continued writing and without looking up said, "Does she still have the hiccups?

Judy Ann

This is just so crass; but I had to send it....

FARTING AT TIFFANY'S

A LADY WALKS INTO TIFFANY’S... SHE LOOKS AROUND, SPOTS A BEAUTIFUL DIAMOND BRACELET AND WALKS OVER TO INSPECT IT...AS SHE BENDS OVER TO LOOK MORE CLOSELY, SHE UNEXPECTEDLY F@RTS...VERY EMBARRASSED, SHE LOOKS AROUND NERVOUSLY TO SEE IF ANYONE NOTICED HER LITTLE OOPS AND PRAYS THAT A SALESPERSON WAS NOT ANYWHERE NEAR...

AS SHE TURNS AROUND, HER WORST NIGHTMARE MATERIALIZES IN THE FORM OF A SALESMAN STANDING RIGHT BEHIND HER...GOOD LOOKING AS WELL .. COOL AS A CUCUMBER, HE DISPLAYS ALL OF THE QUALITIES ONE WOULD EXPECT OF A PROFESSIONAL IN A STORE LIKE TIFFANY'S...HE POLITELY GREETS THE LADY WITH, 'GOOD DAY, MADAM .. HOW MAY WE HELP YOU TODAY?

BLUSHING AND UNCOMFORTABLE, BUT STILL HOPING THAT THE SALESMAN SOMEHOW MISSED HER LITTLE 'INCIDENT', SHE ASKS, 'SIR, WHAT IS THE PRICE OF THIS LOVELY BRACELET ?'

HE ANSWERS, "MADAM .. IF YOU F@RTED JUST LOOKING AT IT - YOU'RE GOING TO $HIT WHEN I TELL YOU THE PRICE .."

CozInCowtown

A married couple was in a terrible accident where the man's face was severely burned.

The doctor told the husband that they couldn't graft any skin from his body because he was too skinny.

So the wife offered to donate some of her own skin.

However, the only skin on her body that the doctor felt was suitable would have to come from her buttocks.

The husband and wife agreed that they would tell no one about where the skin came from, and they requested that the doctor also honor their secret. After all, this was a very delicate matter.

After the surgery was completed, everyone was astounded at the man's new face. He looked more handsome than he ever had before! All his friends and relatives just went on and on about his baby face!

One day, he was alone with his wife, and he was overcome with emotion at her sacrifice.

He said, "Dear, I just want to thank you for everything you did for me. How can I possibly repay you?"

My darling," she replied, "I get all the thanks I need every time I see your mother kiss you on the cheek."

wvbreamfisherman

This one is a little on the risky side, but I think it's funny...

It seems that this little boy was born without eyelids. he was otherwise perfectly normal, but his parents were understandably very upset.

The doctors got together and had a meeting with his parents.

They told them "There are two ways that we can handle this. The first is to do nothing but manage the problem. We can have special goggles fitted that will protect his eyes and keep them moist and clear. The problem is that as he grows they will have to be cghanged regularly, and until he is old enough to do it himself, you two will have to clean his eyes periodically, clean the goggles and replenish the fluid two or three times each day".

The parents weren't real thrilled about this, but they were willing to do what had to be done, if this was the best option, so they asked the doctors "Ok, this is one option, what is the other?"

The doctors replied "Well, there is a new procedure out there. It's not really esperimantal, but its new. The results have been uniformly good so far, but there haven't really been enough cases to know for sure. Your son's birth defect is quite rare."

They paused for a bit and went on "In any event, what we would do is make your son a set of eyelids from donor tissue- in this case, the foreskins of baby boys that have been circumsized. They will work just like normal ones, and he should be able to lead a normal life. They will grow along with him, so there won't be much need for follow-ups. The surgery is delicate and somewhat expensive, although insurance will cover most of it. We can do it in a day or so if thats how you want to proceed."

The boy's parents were thrilled! Their son would be able to lead a normal life! They were ready to give the go-ahead, when the boys father thought of one question. "Doctor, are there any drawbacks to this procedure?"

The doctor paused for a few seconds, thinking of exactly what he wanted to say.

The parents got a bit nervous...

Finally the doctor replied "Well he WILL always be a bit cock-eyed...."

;-)

Pathfinder1

Hi...

A woman and a baby were in the Doctor's waiting room, waiting for the Doctor to come in for the baby's first exam.

The Doc arrived, and examined the baby, checked his weight, and being a little concerned, asked if the baby was breast-fed or bottle-fed.

"Breast fed", she replied.

"Well, strip down to your waist", the Doc ordered.

She did. He pinched her nipples, pressed, kneaded, and rubbed both breasts for a while in a very professional and detailed exam.

Motioning for her to get dressed, the Doc said, "No wonder this baby is underweight. You don't have any milk".

"I know", she said, "I'm his grandmother...but I'm sure glad I came"!

jason

fear no beer
So I'm at Wal-Mart buying a bag of Purina dog food for my dog. While in the check-out line a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog food, right? So on impulse I told her that no, I did not have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again, and that I probably shouldn't because I ended up in the hospital last time. However I had lost 50 pounds before I awakened in intensive care with tubes coming out of my of my orifices and IVs in both arms. I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and all you do is load your pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.) Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff a poodle's butt and a car hit me.

beemerphill

Florida Flat Tire

Here is a Political Joke for you. I will post it both ways so you can copy the version that you want.

The Florida Flat Tire....

I was traveling between West Palm Beach and Boca Raton the other day
(south of Jupiter) when a tire blew out. Checking my spare, I found that
it, too, was flat. My only option was to flag down a passing motorist and get
a ride to the next town.

The first vehicle to stop was an old man in a van. He
yelled out the window, "Need a lift?"

"Yes, I sure do," I replied.

"You a Republican or Democrat," asked the old man.

"Republican," I replied.

"Well, you can just go to Hell," yelled the old man as he sped off.

Another guy stopped, rolled down the window, and asked me the same uestion.

Again, I gave the same answer, "Republican."

The driver gave me the finger and drove off. I thought it over and
decided that maybe I should change my strategy, since this area seemed to
be overly political and there appeared to be few Republicans. The next car to
stop was a red convertible driven by a beautiful blonde. She smiled
seductively and asked if I was a Republican or Democrat.

"Democrat!" I shouted.

"Hop in!" replied the blonde.

Driving down the road, I couldn't help but stare at the gorgeous woman
in the seat next to me, the wind blowing through her hair, perfect breasts
and a short skirt that continued to ride higher and higher up her thighs.

Finally, I yelled, "Please stop the car." She immediately slammed on
the brakes and as soon as the car stopped, I jumped out.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

"I can't take it anymore," I replied. "I've only been a Democrat for
five minutes and already I want to screw somebody."

The Florida Flat Tire....

I was traveling between West Palm Beach and Boca Raton the other day
(south of Jupiter) when a tire blew out. Checking my spare, I found that
it, too, was flat. My only option was to flag down a passing motorist and get
a ride to the next town.

The first vehicle to stop was an old man in a van. He
yelled out the window, "Need a lift?"

"Yes, I sure do," I replied.

"You a Republican or Democrat," asked the old man.

"Democrat," I replied.

"Well, you can just go to Hell," yelled the old man as he sped off.

Another guy stopped, rolled down the window, and asked me the same uestion.

Again, I gave the same answer, "Democrat."

The driver gave me the finger and drove off. I thought it over and
decided that maybe I should change my strategy, since this area seemed to
be overly political and there appeared to be few Democrats. The next car to
stop was a red convertible driven by a beautiful blonde. She smiled
seductively and asked if I was a Republican or Democrat.

"Republican!" I shouted.

"Hop in!" replied the blonde.

Driving down the road, I couldn't help but stare at the gorgeous woman
in the seat next to me, the wind blowing through her hair, perfect breasts
and a short skirt that continued to ride higher and higher up her thighs.

Finally, I yelled, "Please stop the car." She immediately slammed on
the brakes and as soon as the car stopped, I jumped out.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

"I can't take it anymore," I replied. "I've only been a Republican for
five minutes and already I want to screw somebody."

Pathfinder1

Hi...

SEX AT 79

I just took a leaflet out of my mailbox, informing me that I can have sex at 79.

I'm so happy, because I live at number 71. So it's not too far to walk home afterwards.

And it's the same side of the street. I don't even have to cross the road...!!

wvbreamfisherman

Fellow is running a little late for a meeting, but he needs to top up with gas.

He pulls into a station and pumps the tank full. He's in such a hurry that when he takes the hose out he spills some on his sleeve. He jumps back in the car and heads off to his meeting. He's a bit nervous, so he pulls out a cigarette and lights up, forgetting about the gasoline on his sleeve.

Of course, his sleeve catches on fire, and he panics. He hits the window switch and then sticks his arm out the window hoping the wind will blow the flame out. He's speeding and weaving all over the road, and waving his arm around.

Well, a cop spots him, and hits the blues. About that time, the fire goes out and the guy pulls over. Luckily he's not badly burned.

The cop calls for an ambulance, and starts writing a ticket for....
-
-
-
-
-
(wait for it)
-
-
-
-
Speeding, reckless driving , and ....illegal use of a fire arm...

beemerphill

Semper Fi

Why Marine veterans have a hard time getting a job.

Job Interview

Personnel Manager: "What is your greatest weakness ?"

Old Marine: "Honesty"

Personnel Manager: "I don't think honesty is a weakness !"

Old Marine: "I don't give a **** what you think"

Semper Fi !!