Doomsday Preppers

Refrigerator

Thats great that you attended these meetings. Did you get the feeling these people really are concerned about impending disasters? That they really are expecting them quite soon?
NoGrandpa they are not that concerned about dooms day. We did discuss all the profits we are making and how we can increase our demand and look for innovative ideas to market our products. Since the Nat Geo TV show, things has skyrocket and you know what they say... Get while the gettin is good.

I am however ready ...so I am not worried about tomorrow or tonight or the next hour, but for those who are not ready say like have an extra can of beans on the shelf, let me know I got a deal for ya.

Refrigerator

This is a long video but check out this dude's thinkin..

THE KILLSHOT - YouTube

There is alot of fact mixed in with theory, fact is , the sun is a massive nuclear reactor, it CAN Fire a very potent blast at us and IF we , on the Earth are in the right place at the right moment, then, yes, this is possible, the event Mr Dames is "predicting" actually happened about 153 years ago in 1859, the only thing effected were telegraph lines, were the same event to occur now , it would knock out most or all hi tech devices and solar grids no electric power for months , if not years.

Judy Ann

There must be something I could say about this menu but words fail me:sick:
When you meet Fridge you'll understand that you won't need to find any words. :tinysmile_twink_t2: Needless to say I'll have plenty of jerky and beans for my protein source in my bunker.

He doesn't have enough toilet paper for both him and his wife, so he'll need to use the labels off those cans for something he didn't plan on...then it will truly be pot luck! :hurt:

Refrigerator

When you meet Fridge you'll understand that you won't need to find any words. :tinysmile_twink_t2: Needless to say I'll have plenty of jerky and beans for my protein source in my bunker.

He doesn't have enough toilet paper for both him and his wife, so he'll need to use the labels off those cans for something he didn't plan on...then it will truly be pot luck! :hurt:
You know using labels off those cans is a great idea...I'll just stash away several rolls of toilet paper and tell my wife when we run out we have tin can paper hehehe....

Judy Ann

If I were you Fridge, I'd just triple that supply. Why stress the small stuff after all that preparation? Additionally, company might like to use a couple of squares! :tea:

Judy Ann

I would imagine that a "real prepper" knows how to make Kleenex and TP from wood anyway.

On another note, how do you plan to spend a minimum of 1 year underground without going crazy? My dream place had a library and a full sized gym 30 years ago. Now, I'd probably put my chair by the window and make quilts the old fashioned way and play around in the lab. Hydroponics would be important for fresh veggies too. Don't forget to collect medicinal herbs for teas.

Refrigerator

I would imagine that a "real prepper" knows how to make Kleenex and TP from wood anyway.

On another note, how do you plan to spend a minimum of 1 year underground without going crazy? My dream place had a library and a full sized gym 30 years ago. Now, I'd probably put my chair by the window and make quilts the old fashioned way and play around in the lab. Hydroponics would be important for fresh veggies too. Don't forget to collect medicinal herbs for teas.
Preppers are not planning to spend all that time underground...it's just a bug out room until the drama subsides. Heirloom seeds in a seed vault kept in a Fridge will extend seed life. Herbs and medicinal plants are just some of the few cache's needed.

Plenty off how too books.Ah yes I just noticed you mentioned HERB For TEAS...I'm glad you are specific with what HERB you desire!!! With all the Mountain scenery I have here I won't need much toilet paper any hoo...I'll just have my baday at some creek side.

ChadTower

It always amuses me how people set up such elaborate systems for independence and then immediately say they are going to crap in their own water supply. :)

oldsarge

Ya drink upstream from the herd :tinysmile_fatgrin_t
What about others living down stream from you, someone may be drinking that water.........or others who live upstream from you. I'm concerned about the other herds!

Refrigerator

It always amuses me how people set up such elaborate systems for independence and then immediately say they are going to crap in their own water supply. :)
That will not be my water supply.. I have never ever done that in a water source. I was just joking.. I'll be more serious from now on.

and by the way//// I live at the highest elevation in Virginia my home is above all others. So you know what they say about !!!!!! flows down hill.....

Judy Ann

Besides, maybe where Fridge lives the fresh water just bubbles up out of the ground...best filtered, icy cold water I've ever had! :tinysmile_twink_t2: