Alligator attack: Florida teenager loses part of arm

RingTwist

I caught his interview on the news; the kid seemed to be pretty upbeat, all things considered, but then he probably felt lucky to be alive.

As for stupid things at 17, it's a miracle anyone survives the teen years.

Cappy

People are the problem. I boated swam camped in gater country my whole life, with never a wory. It's only in the last few years that gaters will swim twords you instead of running away in fear. Swamp tours and gater reality shows have made gaters popular. Because of that, folks feed them. Gaters may have a tiny brain but it don't need to be big it only knows 2 things eat, make lil gaters. It quickly learns that people are for the most part no longer dangerous and can be associated with food. In 50 yrs of paddlin campin the swammp I only had one scary experiance with a gater and das because I paddled up and slid a boat over his back while he was napping. Thats a story for another time. It's only recently that while boating they will aproach the boats. If ya don't know why go on youtube and watch some swamp tour videos. It is people who have taught the gaters to come to them. I don't blame the gaters. The gater is who I feel sory for he didn't atack, he didn't intend to mame, he was just doin what they do and was tought by us.

Cappy steps down offn his soap box.

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
So, the kid swam in alligator territory and got bit, so they killed the gator. If you were in my house I'd probably bite you too.

People are idiots, he shouldn't have been swimming there, darwin missed one.