New profile posts

sorry about not answering your chat request.. became sidetracked .. I was in the throes of moving here after living south for so many years, not adjusting well to the climate and living in an urban setting.. so I just concentrated on settling in.. but anytime you'd like to chat, let me know..
I'd tell it like it is. Nobody's telling them they have to do it, if they don't like it, oh well! Maybe them snobs need to learn there more's than one reason to have alcohol on hand.
I live in Arlington County in Virginia which was originally founded as Alexandria County. I’m blessed with 2 adorable kids and a gorgeous wife. I completed my masters from North Carolina State University in Agriculture & Life Sciences. These days I have taken a real interest in river conservation which I think is an interesting thing to learn more about. Also, there are many other things to learn about in the same field like Fisheries Management and Ecology, Trout Fishing & Fisheries Conservation, Fish and River Conservation, Fisheries Protection and many more. I am trying my best to stay focused on this.
That ENO pad holder looks nice. Are you getting one? Do you have a hammock yet? Some folks sleep with their dogs in the hammock with them. How are you doing? Healing ok?
I am not sure, PM "Jason" and see what he says.
Jason is the website owner and has more powers than I do.
Donald
Yo dude, i see ya name is highlighted in green so I('m thinkin that means ya got some stroke around here. Howcome I can't make a photo album on here. when I try it says I aint got a security something.
Thanks for the info on netting for the awning. Where were you able to find it? I camped in a much lighter tent for a year before purchasing the Kodiak and read everything I could about taking care of all my gear including watching out for anything sharp, but you never know when something could rip the canvas. Thank you for the tip on repairs. So far I have been lucky! I may look for a cover for those screws on the side similar to what came on my hiking poles. I was unable to lift the bar onto the screw myself the last time I took it out, but it did well anyway. It is an awesome family tent or perfect for a vacation tent for one!

I use an old bath math both inside and outside the doors, spread out an old blanket to protect the floor and put a heavy duty tarp beneath before setting it up. I also wipe the floors and sweep off the entire tent before packing it up. I usually let it hang in the sun to make sure that it is completely dry once I get home.
Hey, I went on a scout Campout with the flexbow thought you may learn from my mistake. I folded it up as I thought was instructed but didn't fold it over and ended up rolling one of the little metal pegs on some canvas and punctured it through three layers. A local awning company fixed the holes and I hope the hold well. Kodiak said a "glue patch" doesn't void the warranty. Anyway I had packed it away 2-3 times before properly and didn't follow the instructions the time it happened. My fault. I made a little padded pocket surrounded by duct tape to tie on those metal prongs when storing just in case from now on. Any trouble you have had with tear or puncture? FYI I bought a springbar door mat and awning screen to try in a SC lake Campout this month. Hope it helps the bugs.
Follow their instructions about the bears and you will be fine. The only time I ever see a bear is when I solo. They really do prefer to avoid people and a single doesn't make enough noise.

Where are you flying into? Is someone meeting you?

I'll keep you posted on my next years plans and maybe you can see some of Idaho. Be sure to post pics of your Absorka trip.
Thanks for the beginner backpacking common sense approach, unfortunately common sense isn't common. I would not be able to lift the pack with that beginner list! :)
Dave, If you liked that waterfall pic, have you seen my "wanderings" album? Click on my name to go to my page and you will find my pic albums.